Swiss 0.1

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
KirovAir

Re: Swiss 0.1

Post by KirovAir » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Cubelover wrote:Yay, thanks emu_kidid. I guess it's testing time :D
Swiss compatibility list, anyone?
We should have a wiki or something for that. Good idea. :)

Also, nice finds Wiipower. I'm glad there are already active people that are willing to contribute coding. (I would too if I could but C/Assembly aren't really my first languages. :()
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Ok, fixing my audio streaming issue is easy, it was just overlooked. It's still back screening on Wind Waker via SD Gecko on my wii :-(

Next thing: What is "d0lz"? Or better where can i get it? 2MB executables down to 5xx KB is something i want to try for my own projects.
Lander

Post by Lander » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks so much, Muchas gracias and Domo Arigato Emu_Kidid :D

After downloading and test it with Ikaruga (U) in GCM format, this game doesn't work in my NTSC Gamecube, black screen after loading.
NES :: SNES :: N64 :: PSOne :: GC :: PS2 Slim :: GBA SP iQue (AGP-101) :: Wii :: DSi :: 3DS XL (Smash Edition)
Lopson

Post by Lopson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:24 pm

WiiPower wrote:Can somebody try 007 Everything or Nothing via SD Gecko or Ide-Exi? Please only people who are able to load games with it. I want to know if it says it can't patch the read, if yes, i think i might have something.
WiiPower, I've just tested it. The results I get during GCM Check are:
- NOT Read Patchable;
- NOT Seek Patchable;
- NOT Disc Swap Patchable;
- 3 extra executables.

I'm using a SD Gecko on a PAL DOL-001.
gCube

Post by gCube » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 pm

James Bond Nightfire doesn't work, and Mario Kart : Double Dash!! PAL doesn't work either. The compatibility doesn't seem that much better than SD-Boot, but the reading from a SD Card goes way quicker I think. Games that do work, are now way faster than before, but still not perfect. Also, games look really ugly on my tv with Swiss/SD-Boot. I ripped Mario Smash Football PAL from a original disk (good screen quality), and loaded it in Swiss (bad screen quality). I don't really know why this happens, and forcing it to 480p doesn't work either (I know it says that in the readme...). I hope you can use this information, so you can make this into a better ISO/GCM loader! :mrgreen:
I have a XenoGC, a SD Media Launcher, a SD Gecko and a IcedCube case for my Nintendo Gamecube
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 pm

WiiPower wrote:Ok, fixing my audio streaming issue is easy, it was just overlooked. It's still back screening on Wind Waker via SD Gecko on my wii :-(

Next thing: What is "d0lz"? Or better where can i get it? 2MB executables down to 5xx KB is something i want to try for my own projects.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dollz
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Lopson wrote:
WiiPower wrote:Can somebody try 007 Everything or Nothing via SD Gecko or Ide-Exi? Please only people who are able to load games with it. I want to know if it says it can't patch the read, if yes, i think i might have something.
WiiPower, I've just tested it. The results I get during GCM Check are:
- NOT Read Patchable;
- NOT Seek Patchable;
- NOT Disc Swap Patchable;
- 3 extra executables.

I'm using a SD Gecko on a PAL DOL-001.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j9dcyhh3jc53ur4

This ones should at least try to patch the dvd read. But i doubt it will work, because the game will most likely use the same dvd function in those extra executables. Also, i'm not sure if Swiss' patching is compatible with the 2nd pattern at all or if there's more work required. Oh, and NeoGamma can patch the dvd read, but the game is still not working in NeoGamma, so the pattern might be completely broken or the game does something else that's different on top of it.
Burbruee wrote:
WiiPower wrote:Ok, fixing my audio streaming issue is easy, it was just overlooked. It's still back screening on Wind Waker via SD Gecko on my wii :-(

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dollz
Thanks, now i understand the weird entrypoint too.
Lopson

Post by Lopson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 pm

WiiPower, your modification to Swiss does nothing for 007 Everything or Nothing, the GCM Check outputs the same results. However, when I tried Skies of Arcadia, the game became Seek Patchable.
TheManuel

Post by TheManuel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm

This is fantastic news!

Quick questions to help get me set up:

1. Will this adapter works to load images thorugh and SDHC card using Swiss?
Deal Extreme Item Link

2. What maximum SDHC card size is supported?

3. How do you use this with the Wii (once you have the SD Gecko)?

4. The comments here regarding audio streaming are not about making audio streams work on the Wii, but rather keeping the system from crashing when audio streams are supposed play, correct?

Thanks!
Last edited by TheManuel on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chun-kun

Post by Chun-kun » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Thanks for your hard work ^^
I tried it but I somehow can't get any games to work. I'm using a SanDisk Class 2 2Gb SD Card with a PAL GameCube. When I boot the ISO, it says it should be bootable but after it boots it stays at a black screen. I tried SSBM PAL and Pokemon XD NTSC. Any help?
elricorico

Post by elricorico » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:31 pm

@TheManuel

That item from Dealextreme is exactly what I am using and it works with my 8GB SDHC.

I've only had a chance to try out Double Dash and Skies of Arcadia. Double Dash seems to work slightly better than the old SD-Boot, the sound glitches seem a little smaller. There are still stutters when the music changes. Skies seems to work fine, very faint sound glitches, I didn't have any crashes at the menu. Both NTSC games on SDHC running on a Wii launched through Wii Homebrew Launcher.
Chun-kun

Post by Chun-kun » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:59 pm

yamaharacer wrote:swiss on my cube can load wind waker. no problem.
How did you bring it to work?
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 pm

I habe sdboot v0.4 flashed on my viper, from there i load swiss and then I select the game and it works. I played around half an hour no problems.
Chun-kun

Post by Chun-kun » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 pm

I tried several games and they all freeze after booting. It just stays at a black screen. I'm loading swiss through SDML.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Wow, lots of code/bug contributions, thanks guys (& WiiPower for the Audio streaming fix on Wii) :)

A few things:

- Regarding multiple executable games (007/etc), I forgot to upload the pre-patcher - I will do so tonight! (8-10hrs).
- Also, those of you having crashes (code dumps) whilst a game is loading in swiss - please try not using a wave bird and report back.
- WiiPower, Simpsons Hit & Run or Road Rage uses DVD Seek - I think the patch applies for that game.

As for a compatibility list, I suggest basing it on a list of games and then entering the status of the games in later, for instance, copy this list into a Wiki http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_GameCube_games :)

I'm happy to have a compatibility list setup here on gc-forever if someone can point me in the right direction of a easy to setup wiki.
TheManuel

Post by TheManuel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks for the answer to my first question, elricorico.

Anyone care to take a stab at these others?

2. What maximum SDHC card size is supported?

3. How do you use this with the Wii (once you have the SD Gecko)?

4. The comments here regarding audio streaming are not about making audio streams work on the Wii, but rather keeping the system from crashing when audio streams are supposed play, correct?

Thanks!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 pm

2. Swiss supports the largest possible SDHC (if there was a 2 Terabyte SDHC it would support it)

4. The comments are related to running original GC DVD's with streaming on a Wii crashing.
TheManuel

Post by TheManuel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks for the info.
I've ordered an SD Gecko. Can't wait to start playing with it.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 pm

I've been messing with Wikia for over 1 hour now to get a fu**ing table into one of these pages.
driving me nuts. anybody wants to help me with the wiki?

gcforever.wikia.com

also: wikia is a confusing piece of crap!
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
Aressi

Post by Aressi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 pm

WiiPower wrote:Is Star Fox Assault an audio streaming game? If yes, do you happen to know if the game tries to play an audio stream in that moment?
At the moment i don think so because after the Hz slection nintendo warning appears, and from sdboot i need to put the original star fox game to play, because if not the game stay loading until i put the star fox game again into the drive
insane

Post by insane » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:32 pm

@emu_kidid: Thanks for your hard work, man. The program looks great. One thing I did notice is when selecting which cheats you want to apply to a game, the cursor moves really fast making it difficult to select a particular cheat. I am using a wii, don't know if game cubes experience this.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 pm

insane, thanks, I'll create an issue on the tracker for it :)
Aressi

Post by Aressi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 pm

liquitt wrote:wikia is a confusing piece of crap!
Then lets try with scorpei

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/Main_Page
Lopson

Post by Lopson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:53 pm

emu_kidid wrote:- Also, those of you having crashes (code dumps) whilst a game is loading in swiss - please try not using a wave bird and report back.
When I got that code dump I uploaded a few pages ago, I was not using a Wavebird. In fact, I don't have one!
Cubelover

Post by Cubelover » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Regarding multiple executable games (007/etc), I forgot to upload the pre-patcher - I will do so tonight! (8-10hrs).
Do you mean this pre-patcher? http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/sourc ... atcher.exe