Doom? And something else

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
gaseoso

Doom? And something else

Post by gaseoso » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Hello there, people.

I'm new here, so I apologize if I'm still not familiar with things. Yesterday, I was looking around because I finally got around to mod my Gamecube, and it's running things from an SD card now thanks to Swiss (can't thank emu_kikid and megalomaniac enough for their awesome work), and I thought it would be awesome to play Doom, just for kicks. Thing is, I found a port called CubeDoom, but all links to it died around 2013 or something, so I was wondering.. does anyone still have a copy of it? Or has anyone been working on another port? I'd like to try Doom on my Gamecube.

And also, I seem to have seen a link to a website that allows you to check the integrity of your rips, but I can't seem to find it now. I'd like to check the integrity of my Twilight Princess ISO, because it works as perfectly as listed in the wiki compatibility page (including the hiccups in Hyrule Field), but it keeps crashing randomly when navigating the Palace Of Twilight. My setup is as follows:

-DOL-101 NTSC-U Gamecube with XenoGC chip
-Twilight Princess ISO I found in an old HDD
-ISO is running from Class 4, 8GB Kingston Micro SDHC (with adapter)
-Swiss r382
-SD Gecko is made by myself with a 3rd-party memory card and a Nintendo 3DS SD Card Reader

I'm blaming the ISO, since I have no idea where it came from :lol:
Thanks in advance!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Doom? And something else

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:53 pm

Check your iso against the SHA-1 from redump.org. I wouldn't put it past Swiss being the cause of the fault at all though.