SD Gecko not showing in Swiss

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
pargordius

SD Gecko not showing in Swiss

Post by pargordius » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm using the latest version of Swiss burned onto a DVD on a cube with a XenoGC and a FAT16 formatted card in my SD card adapter.

Whenever I boot into Swiss, I can browse my disc and memory card, but my SD card isn't available to select. I also have the overlays for gbi on this SD card, and gbi seems to able to read the card fine. Is there an extra step needed to browse my SD card?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: SD Gecko not showing in Swiss

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 am

Shouldn't be any extra step, can you browse it if you hit X and change the speed to "compatible"?
pargordius

Post by pargordius » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Shouldn't be any extra step, can you browse it if you hit X and change the speed to "compatible"?
Okay, so when I first boot, SD card isn't an option in the menu. I have to hit Z to show all the devices. So far so good (sort of). I'm able to go back and forth in the menu with the dpad and cycle trough devices. When I select the SD card in whatever slot it's in, the menu just resets because I guess Swiss doesn't see it.

When I hit X to change the speed, things get weird. The dpad no longer linearly progresses through the list of possible devices. It seems to skip around randomly when using either up/down or left/right. I was able to find the SD card in the appropriate slot a few times and select it while it was tagged with compatible mode, but it only showed the content of the card once. The other times just brought me to a random menu entry.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 pm

pargordius wrote:
emu_kidid wrote:Shouldn't be any extra step, can you browse it if you hit X and change the speed to "compatible"?
Okay, so when I first boot, SD card isn't an option in the menu. I have to hit Z to show all the devices. So far so good (sort of). I'm able to go back and forth in the menu with the dpad and cycle trough devices. When I select the SD card in whatever slot it's in, the menu just resets because I guess Swiss doesn't see it.

When I hit X to change the speed, things get weird. The dpad no longer linearly progresses through the list of possible devices. It seems to skip around randomly when using either up/down or left/right. I was able to find the SD card in the appropriate slot a few times and select it while it was tagged with compatible mode, but it only showed the content of the card once. The other times just brought me to a random menu entry.
Yeah that stuff is buggy and I'm rewriting it :(