Loading Cheats from GCI Files?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
N7Kopper

Loading Cheats from GCI Files?

Post by N7Kopper » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm posting this because while I believe that this isn't a Swiss feature as of right now, I don't know for sure.

My setup is somewhat unique in that I only boot one game with Swiss - the PAL version of Crystal Chronicles, for 576p support. I also do it from a Wii with WiiPower's Swiss Booter. Since it wouldn't make much sense to invest in an SD Gecko (or any SD Card adapter for Gamecube) for just one game also because gcn component cables and the game boy player are hella expensive for what they are - it'd be nice to be able to just install a cheat .txt file as a GCI, or however saving custom things to memory cards works.

Unless I'm wrong and it's possible right now, then you can giggle at me. :D
novenary

Re: Loading Cheats from GCI Files?

Post by novenary » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 pm

I wouldn't really call SD gecko an investment.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:08 pm

N7Kopper wrote:I'm posting this because while I believe that this isn't a Swiss feature as of right now, I don't know for sure.

My setup is somewhat unique in that I only boot one game with Swiss - the PAL version of Crystal Chronicles, for 576p support. I also do it from a Wii with WiiPower's Swiss Booter. Since it wouldn't make much sense to invest in an SD Gecko (or any SD Card adapter for Gamecube) for just one game also because gcn component cables and the game boy player are hella expensive for what they are - it'd be nice to be able to just install a cheat .txt file as a GCI, or however saving custom things to memory cards works.

Unless I'm wrong and it's possible right now, then you can giggle at me. :D
Post an issue here and I'll get to it eventually
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 am

A generic SD gecko is worth just $3...