Swiss SD Gecko Game Buzzing > Freeze Issue

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
cpjarrod

Swiss SD Gecko Game Buzzing > Freeze Issue

Post by cpjarrod » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Hey Guys

I'm using a 32gb class 10 sandisk micro sd with a regular size sd adapter which contains my iso's.
I have an issue, particularly I've noticed with only mario stikers (mario football) so far and rogue squadron ii when playing the game at random spots there will be an audio hiccup and then the game will freeze/crash with the image still on the screen but with a loud buzzing noise until you turn the console off.

I'm just wondering could this be a bad iso dump or should I get a new sd card or has anyone else experienced the same issue?

The isos are pal (E) so I may try usa (U) ones instead and see how that goes.

My console is pal (original purple one)

Cheers!
novenary

Re: Swiss SD Gecko Game Buzzing > Freeze Issue

Post by novenary » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm

That's just one of Swiss's countless compatibility bugs.
cpjarrod

Post by cpjarrod » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Streetwalker wrote:That's just one of Swiss's countless compatibility bugs.
Ohhh so it's not my sd then or iso?
Was about to get a new sd, was thinking it could be the sd card loosing connection, thought there was something wrong with the pins.
Any way around this?
Was going to try boot from disc instead of sd but realised I would have to pot tweak my gamecube to do this and cant be bothered with that.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Disc is your best bet for now. Rogue Leader is one of those games that are sensitive to the way Swiss reads from an SD card (and disc access timings in general), Metroid Prime NTSC as well, and I suppose Mario Strikers is one of them too.
cpjarrod

Post by cpjarrod » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 am

Streetwalker wrote:Disc is your best bet for now. Rogue Leader is one of those games that are sensitive to the way Swiss reads from an SD card (and disc access timings in general), Metroid Prime NTSC as well, and I suppose Mario Strikers is one of them too.
Thanks for that man, at least I know it's not just be and didn't go buy a new sd.
Oh well, will just put up with it for now haha
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:48 pm

cpjarrod wrote: ...has anyone else experienced the same issue?
I tested the American version of Super Mario Strikers and had no problems. You can even reduce your size. Because it is a repetitive game (like any sport) I may not have played enough. If you want, I can test where it's causing the freeze.
Streetwalker wrote:Disc is your best bet for now. Rogue Leader is one of those games that are sensitive to the way Swiss reads from an SD card (and disc access timings in general), Metroid Prime NTSC...
The Pal version of Metroid Prime on the other hand is not sensitive. I finished the game the same day in 6 hours running like crazy. On the disc I had to go slow or go in longer ways so as not to freeze the game in some parts. I do not care about sound problems.
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Yeah the PAL version of Metroid Prime had a lot of bug fixes. The disc access timing issues could actually cause crashes with an original disc and a real drive.
cpjarrod

Post by cpjarrod » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Andross89 wrote:
cpjarrod wrote: ...has anyone else experienced the same issue?
I tested the American version of Super Mario Strikers and had no problems. You can even reduce your size. Because it is a repetitive game (like any sport) I may not have played enough. If you want, I can test where it's causing the freeze.
Streetwalker wrote:Disc is your best bet for now. Rogue Leader is one of those games that are sensitive to the way Swiss reads from an SD card (and disc access timings in general), Metroid Prime NTSC...
The Pal version of Metroid Prime on the other hand is not sensitive. I finished the game the same day in 6 hours running like crazy. On the disc I had to go slow or go in longer ways so as not to freeze the game in some parts. I do not care about sound problems.
Will check the american version out on the new version on swiss then, thanks for that. Currently the crashes happen when there's alot of things going on I've noticed (2 player games) when bowser comes out during the game and multiple shells are fired then it happens.

Why's it only like that with the ntsc version and not the pal?

Rogue leader happens during the first level with pal.
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Because like I said, the PAL version of Metroid Prime is a newer version of the game with a lot of bug fixes and also some added features. See this: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_M ... ifferences.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:27 pm

cpjarrod wrote: ...Currently the crashes happen when there's alot of things going on I've noticed (2 player games) when bowser comes out during the game and multiple shells are fired then it happens...
I've always played these Mario sports in simple mode. You could disable Bowser's option and other events and see what happens. If this is the problem, I do not know a solution.