Swiss feature requests

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)

Which feature would you most like to see included in the future?

Virtual Memory Card support, mount .GCI saves and save to them instead of a real memory card.
38%
SMB support for loading games off a network.
25%
In-game reset, return to the swiss menu at any point.
35%
In-game memory dump, dump the entire ram contents to SD or HDD.
1%
Basic In-game value searcher / debugger, pause gameplay and display a osd over the game screen for searching for values, think gs pro on the n64 or http://cheaters-lounge.net/index.php?p=19
1%

Total votes: 104
Cubelover

Re: Swiss feature requests

Post by Cubelover » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:13 am

Crediars tool is actually a patch of the BC (NMM = No More Memory), which redirects memory card calls to the front SD slot. It's currently very buggy and only works with original discs, but he actually made a front SD loader, but hasn't released it yet.
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:01 am

FAQ
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Does this only work with original games?

A: NMM only works with original discs, or anything the drive accepts
If you have a drivechip installed a copy would work aswell
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 am

Sorry to combo break this :P
But I asked a few posts before if you (emu_kidid or infact(cause they probably know it)) could add support for the viperUSB adapter for use with WiiRD
(cause GCNRD hates me, and my my 10M crossover cable (wich i'm going to cut to 1M)).
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:46 am

Sorry to revive an old thread but it just happens to be the right place to mention this......

Was thinking it would be great if there were WBFS support added in to this. the wiikey uses a WBFS formatted memory card and it would be great to be able to manage that card without a PC needed.....

Think on it would ya?
zoomx

Post by zoomx » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:21 pm

I hope this thread is not too old.

It is possible to add the ability to launch games in other languages than standard english?
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 pm

zoomx wrote:I hope this thread is not too old.

It is possible to add the ability to launch games in other languages than standard english?
no this thread is still fine for this purpose.
concerning your question: swiss can't change a game's locale. the game itself has to be in that language. and if it is, you can easily change it yourself in a menu or something.
swiss can't do anything there ;)
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:06 pm

liquitt wrote:
zoomx wrote:I hope this thread is not too old.

no this thread is still fine for this purpose.
concerning your question: swiss can't change a game's locale. the game itself has to be in that language. and if it is, you can easily change it yourself in a menu or something.
swiss can't do anything there ;)
next few revisions of Swiss are implementing new settings/config options and IPL/Game Language are configurable (even on NTSC cubes).
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:23 pm

wait, what kind of game language are we talking about now? Oo

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 am

like a PAL multi-5 for example which can run in 5 languages but doesn't ask you on boot up - it just looks to the ipl settings
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:16 am

emu_kidid wrote:like a PAL multi-5 for example which can run in 5 languages but doesn't ask you on boot up - it just looks to the ipl settings
ah okay i see....well, my bad then

zoomx

Post by zoomx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 am

Some people wrote in an italian forum that the game they own has italian language but if they start it with Swiss they get only english. That problem was present in the older SDboot too. They are sure that the game has italian because they tested it on Dolphin, where you can set the console language.

I don't own a Gamecube so I don't know if there is a configuration like in the Wii were you set the language so most games starts and use that language, because it reads some setting somewere in the Wii memory. Only few of them require to choose a language when starting. Maybe on Gamecube is different.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:49 pm

zoomx wrote:Some people wrote in an italian forum that the game they own has italian language but if they start it with Swiss they get only english. That problem was present in the older SDboot too. They are sure that the game has italian because they tested it on Dolphin, where you can set the console language.

I don't own a Gamecube so I don't know if there is a configuration like in the Wii were you set the language so most games starts and use that language, because it reads some setting somewere in the Wii memory. Only few of them require to choose a language when starting. Maybe on Gamecube is different.

I can never set Wii NAND information in Swiss if this is what you're referring to. My suggestion, get a Gamecube :D
zoomx

Post by zoomx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

In Wii many games get the locale information from the Wii setting. In the english Gamecube manual I didn't find any language setting,

Maybe is a region problem?

I suggested in the italian forum to use SRAM modifier and they told me that it works!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:51 pm

zoomx wrote:In Wii many games get the locale information from the Wii setting. In the english Gamecube manual I didn't find any language setting,

Maybe is a region problem?

I suggested in the italian forum to use SRAM modifier and they told me that it works!
Modifying the SRAM language is what the next Swiss version will do.
Bigjake52

Post by Bigjake52 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am

NTSC-U cubes were only in english from my understanding.
I have no clue how a cube could be sold in canada then because of the French english laws. Well in quebec at least.
PAL cubes you could change from like English, French,German,Italian, and two more. I forgot what though.

I asume you know this emu_kidid

I also can not play out of languish games on my cube with my xeno and swiss because of the languish problem.
alzen

Post by alzen » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Ok, I'm not a programmer so my idea may be not possible to implement but guess it's ok if I ask.

You know there're people doing versus races at various games. I mean when people play single player modes, talk on Skype or others programs like that and than combine gameplays in one video to see who was the fastest in reaching the end of race.

Guess all players need to use the same emulator in such races; is it possible for SWISS to record demos on the SD card that are compatible with Dolphin for example? So players can play on real hardware and than play movies on Dolphin and convert them to AVI?

Guess it's not possible, or really hard so it probably won't get implemented. It was just an idea, personally I'm not doing runs in any GC games, only SMB3 on NES so far(yeah, I asked the author of FCEUgx can he import the movie recording option but he didn't answer, it'll be really useful for me). Still, implementing movie recording to NES emulator is I guess easier, same emu on windows, this feature is already on Windows FCEUX so guess porting it won't be so hard for a programmer; and implementing demos recording for SWISS is much harder. Mainly because SWISS is not Dolphin or any other GC emulator so it needs new code and so on and so on.

So it's just my idea, maybe someone will like it, maybe someone will not; I won't really use it if it's in SWISS so will wait what other members say about it.
Take a look at my YouTube channel - totally dedicated to retro shooters
biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:45 am

alzen wrote:Ok, I'm not a programmer so my idea may be not possible to implement but guess it's ok if I ask.

You know there're people doing versus races at various games. I mean when people play single player modes, talk on Skype or others programs like that and than combine gameplays in one video to see who was the fastest in reaching the end of race.

Guess all players need to use the same emulator in such races; is it possible for SWISS to record demos on the SD card that are compatible with Dolphin for example? So players can play on real hardware and than play movies on Dolphin and convert them to AVI?

Guess it's not possible, or really hard so it probably won't get implemented. It was just an idea, personally I'm not doing runs in any GC games, only SMB3 on NES so far(yeah, I asked the author of FCEUgx can he import the movie recording option but he didn't answer, it'll be really useful for me). Still, implementing movie recording to NES emulator is I guess easier, same emu on windows, this feature is already on Windows FCEUX so guess porting it won't be so hard for a programmer; and implementing demos recording for SWISS is much harder. Mainly because SWISS is not Dolphin or any other GC emulator so it needs new code and so on and so on.

So it's just my idea, maybe someone will like it, maybe someone will not; I won't really use it if it's in SWISS so will wait what other members say about it.
My tool GeckoTunnel can do ghosts/replays for certain GameCube games (currently only one) over USB Gecko on a Wii. So, if you got a USB Gecko, and someone made a GeckoTunnel script for the game you want to record, and GeckoTunnel added support for GameCube in addition to Wii, this would be doable. Converting to AVI would currently require a video capture card and another GameCube/Wii, but I've heard that Dolphin has USB Gecko emulation, so most likely I could make that work. I definitely plan to get GeckoTunnel working with Swiss so that GameCube users aren't left out.
alzen

Post by alzen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Nice to hear that! I have only SD Gecko so wouldn't be able to test it over USB; hope SD Gecko will be supported as well soon.
biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:57 pm

alzen wrote:Nice to hear that! I have only SD Gecko so wouldn't be able to test it over USB; hope SD Gecko will be supported as well soon.
The problem with SD Gecko is that it would involve a filesystem driver, which doesn't easily fit into the RAM which GeckoTunnel has. (GeckoTunnel has something like 3KB to fit into.) USB Gecko is basically just a serial port, so it's really low-footprint. I don't have any immediate plans to support SD Gecko, but if emu_kidid or anyone else is able to provide me with an Ocarina C0 code (or just a small ASM snippet) which implements something like fwrite (it would be fine if said snippet was just a branch to some SD Gecko code in the Swiss engine), I'll add it to the to-do list. (Note that the to-do list is already very large, and some of the things on the to-do list are backed by a $200 donation from a user, so those features get higher priority. Also, GeckoTunnel is a research project for my computer science degree, so features relevant to the research end of things also get priority.)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:32 pm

biolizard89, yeah probably won't happen as my todo-list is rather large too :)
biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 pm

emu_kidid wrote:biolizard89, yeah probably won't happen as my todo-list is rather large too :)
Cool with me. By the way, did you receive my message about code list expansion? I know you're quite busy, but it'd be cool if you tinkered with that when you happen to have some free time. (Looks like a relatively easy modification.) No pressure though. :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 am

Yep, I can add the PADReadHook, and I'm still looking at relocating the whole cheat engine to sit at the top of RAM with the cheats there too.
biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:05 am

emu_kidid wrote:Yep, I can add the PADReadHook, and I'm still looking at relocating the whole cheat engine to sit at the top of RAM with the cheats there too.
Nice, sounds good!
alzen

Post by alzen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 am

Just hope will allow your application to work with SD Gecko one day as well. I believe emu has a lot of work so it's normal he has no time; the most important is that he is doing great work with SWISS.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

I'd like the capability to load a different .dol file than the main one from compilations. For example, directly loading the The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask .dol file of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. Why? To force progressive scan on the game directly as no forcing takes place when you go through the compilation's menu.
Last edited by BenoitRen on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs