Control Swiss with Second Controller?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Sowden1

Control Swiss with Second Controller?

Post by Sowden1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 am

Hey guys. This has never really been a thing. I'm wondering why not? It sure would help me since I switch out my rapnet adapter with my GC controller l the time. Wondering if this could be added to a later realease. Thanks.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Control Swiss with Second Controller?

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:32 pm

Raised this for you so it doesn't get lost: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/issues/224
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:08 am

All those mods would be awesome!
May I add, if they are not kept for further different use, if the page up/down fuctionnality be linked to shoulder triggers, in addition to the D-pad L/R?

Thank you for all this. 8-)

I was just wondering, if any of the exploits had been discovered and Swiss developped while the GC was still on the market, would this have had boosted the GC sales, or would it have been worse for Nintendo? (this may be a topic on it's own) :mrgreen:
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Srandista

Post by Srandista » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:08 am

I was just wondering, if any of the exploits had been discovered and Swiss developped while the GC was still on the market, would this have had boosted the GC sales, or would it have been worse for Nintendo?
Well, the PSO exploit was discovered still during the active life of GC. But as usual, hacker community didn't want to support piracy, so it was usable only for homebrew development back then. I don't even know, when ISO backups were first time playable on GC, somebody else know that?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:26 am

I had a glance at that, and while I tried the chance with DS hardware, I didn't step on with the Gamecube's.
It was way too much hassle, and rare/expensive hardware/software had to be gathered prior to get any result.
The problem to install a memory save game exploit those days would have been adressed with Lik-Sang usb-accessible
GCMCs, or Datel AR/HBloader, but still SD cards were quite expensive in the capacity needed to have several games backups.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Sowden1

Post by Sowden1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:36 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:32 pm
Raised this for you so it doesn't get lost: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/issues/224
emukidid, you are a gentalmen and a scolar. Thanks for all of your and the rest of your team's work!
Sowden1

Post by Sowden1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Oh, and might I add a request for some kind of support for folder copying or deleting? Thanks again.
Sowden1

Post by Sowden1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:07 am

I just reburn a new Swiss ISO to a DVD (which I do every three months or so), but there is still no second controller support. Just giving this a bump, if this is possible at all.