Multi disc numbering issue.

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Post Reply
User avatar
Daley-G
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:41 pm
Location: Halesowen

Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Daley-G » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Firstly, my set up;
Gamecube with Xeno chip
Running Swiss from a DVD-R (just updated to r649 from r646)
SanDisk 64gb SDXC card
Carby HDMI adaptor
Games are running great, I generally use full size 1.4gb ISOs.
Secondly, the problem;
Whenever I add "1", "disc1", "-disc1" etc to a multidisk game it won't load. Specifically, Resident Evil - I've completed disc 1 but cannot progress to disc 2.
If I put the "disc1" & "disc2" in brackets the games will work but I believe the number has to be immediately before ".ISO"
Any help woul be appreciated.
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Daley-G wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm
Firstly, my set up;
Gamecube with Xeno chip
Running Swiss from a DVD-R (just updated to r649 from r646)
SanDisk 64gb SDXC card
Carby HDMI adaptor
Games are running great, I generally use full size 1.4gb ISOs.
Secondly, the problem;
Whenever I add "1", "disc1", "-disc1" etc to a multidisk game it won't load. Specifically, Resident Evil - I've completed disc 1 but cannot progress to disc 2.
If I put the "disc1" & "disc2" in brackets the games will work but I believe the number has to be immediately before ".ISO"
Any help woul be appreciated.
All versions of Swiss created after 431 have lost the multi disc function. You can rename them differently so they can start at least. Keep version 431 for these cases.
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4566
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 am

This shouldn't be broken but appears to be, I'll have a look at some point soon
Image
User avatar
Daley-G
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:41 pm
Location: Halesowen

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Daley-G » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks Guys, r431 didn't like my 64gb card but when I put the ISOs on an old 4gb card suffixing with -disc1 & -disc2 it worked a treat - Info screen came up for a few seconds asking me to swap discs then ISO two booted up, sweet! Would be nice to see this re-implemented on the new revisions. Have a few more multi disc games I'm keen to re-visit - Killer 7 is next on the list.
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4566
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:23 am

I also support nintendont style naming so you could try that. Disc 1 will need to be "game.iso" and then disc 2 needs to be "disc2.iso", example:
Killer 7\game.iso
Killer 7\disc2.iso
Image
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:31 pm

Daley-G wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 pm
Thanks Guys, r431 didn't like my 64gb card but when I put the ISOs on an old 4gb card suffixing with -disc1 & -disc2 it worked a treat - Info screen came up for a few seconds asking me to swap discs then ISO two booted up, sweet! Would be nice to see this re-implemented on the new revisions. Have a few more multi disc games I'm keen to re-visit - Killer 7 is next on the list.
Version 431 does not like your SD card because it is not formatted correctly. I use a 128GB card in FAT32. Use AOMEI Partition Assistant.

The last time I tested, the game.iso / disc2.iso naming also did not work. Let me know if you can get this way.
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4566
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:19 pm

Image
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:25 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:19 pm
Alright, try r650: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/re ... g/v0.4r650
Thank you very much. Was there any particular reason for the option to disable the new reading mode not being specific per game? Only Zero and Remake do not save. Battle Nexus and Mutant Nightmare can be a problem if auto save is disabled. They must be the only ones.

Finally, if possible, I would like to see what happens to the Medal of Honor and GoldenEye using the same file system:

1 - Frontline works in version 0.3 and even today it is not supported.

2 - Rising Sun does not allow disc swapping. I think it happens with every game that uses ELF.

3 - Rogue Agent and European Assault never worked. They have an ELF greater than 10mb.
Last edited by Andross89 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4566
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:56 am

Andross89 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:25 am
emu_kidid wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:19 pm
Alright, try r650: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/re ... g/v0.4r650
Thank you very much. Was there any particular reason for the option to disable the new reading mode not being specific per game?
No I don't think there was a reason, I'll move it over and have it under default too.

I haven't tried any of those games before or for a very long time, I'll try them when I find some time.
Image
User avatar
Daley-G
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:41 pm
Location: Halesowen

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Daley-G » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:25 pm

Just completing the second character run through of Resident Evil. I have re-formatted my 64gb card to FAT 32 (thanks Andross89) and using r650 can confirm;
Game loads fine now with a number suffix before ".ISO" - I've tried various combinations; "-disc1", "-1", " 1" and all load ok with disc 2 booting at the swap disc screen.
Also tried the Nintendont naming style and this works perfectly too.
Thanks for this update emu_kidid, much appreciated.
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:36 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:56 am
...I'll try them when I find some time.
Thank you. The 3 games are similar to the Rising Sun that works perfectly. Frontline works if I use the loader of Rising Sun. But the game restarts after completing the stage and can not be saved. I think if the ELF of the remaining two were smaller, the same thing would happen.

I remembered that it is not possible to change the discs with the original version of these games with Qoob as well. It only worked with XenoGC or the original BIOS. I think there is no solution.
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: Multi disc numbering issue.

Post by Andross89 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Geist, Future Perfect and Next Dimension and other games require ARP disabled. I am updating the list in the compatibility section.
Post Reply