file too fragmented?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Post Reply
Superfighter26
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:45 pm

file too fragmented?

Post by Superfighter26 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:50 pm

every game i try to boot in swiss showed me this: file too fragmented?
i tried other sd cards i have one 128gb trancend then 64gb sandisk then 32gb sandisk.. everyone is formatted to fat32 and 32k allocation size and no matter what it keeps this message again and again...
any solutions?
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: file too fragmented?

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Superfighter26 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:50 pm
every game i try to boot in swiss showed me this: file too fragmented?
i tried other sd cards i have one 128gb trancend then 64gb sandisk then 32gb sandisk.. everyone is formatted to fat32 and 32k allocation size and no matter what it keeps this message again and again...
any solutions?
Format cards with AOMEI Partition Assistant and at the highest allocation value possible. If the problem persists, leave the card with at least 2GB of free space.
Superfighter26
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: file too fragmented?

Post by Superfighter26 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:48 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:06 pm
Superfighter26 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:50 pm
every game i try to boot in swiss showed me this: file too fragmented?
i tried other sd cards i have one 128gb trancend then 64gb sandisk then 32gb sandisk.. everyone is formatted to fat32 and 32k allocation size and no matter what it keeps this message again and again...
any solutions?
Format cards with AOMEI Partition Assistant and at the highest allocation value possible. If the problem persists, leave the card with at least 2GB of free space.
didnt worked myabe the problem is the isos themselfes?
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada
Contact:

Re: file too fragmented?

Post by Extrems » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:11 pm

It can't be a disc image issue, this is purely a file system issue.
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: file too fragmented?

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Superfighter26 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:48 pm
didnt worked myabe the problem is the isos themselfes?
What games are you trying to start?
Superfighter26
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: file too fragmented?

Post by Superfighter26 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 pm
Superfighter26 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:48 pm
didnt worked myabe the problem is the isos themselfes?
What games are you trying to start?
paper mario
mario sunshine
all zelda games and metroid prime
User avatar
Andross89
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: file too fragmented?

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:37 pm

Superfighter26 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 pm
paper mario
mario sunshine
all zelda games and metroid prime
All games work. I didn't check if the Paper Mario level bug was fixed in the latest version of Swiss. But using code to start at the maximum level solves this problem.

I only have 2 more tips: Put each game in a folder. There may be a conflict regarding file names. And do the surface test on AOMEI to check the integrity of the cards.
Post Reply