Any special steps to burn a Swiss DVD?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
ebj777

Any special steps to burn a Swiss DVD?

Post by ebj777 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:40 am

I bought my GC pre-modded off eBay and my current set up is booting a Datel Freeloader disc, when then allows me to boot Swiss GC of my SD card and go from there.

I have a 480p only monitor that I have my GC hooked up to. But the DATEL loader doesn't support 480p, and my monitor doesnt support 480i. I want to create a SWISS GC disc that I can boot directly into 480p with. I've never burn a GC ISO. Is it as simple as taking one of my mini-DVD-Rs and burning the .dol with imgburn? Or do I need special software to create a bootable SWISS disc.

Also can I use this burned version of SWISS to load newer/older versions of SWISS off of an SD?

Thanks.
Papy.G

Re: Any special steps to burn a Swiss DVD?

Post by Papy.G » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Why the hell would you need a Freeloader disc if your GC is modded? :?

Don't know much for the DVDs, since I didn't manage to burn one that works, seems you need a specific burner (or brand), then, a specific kind of dye, and eventually adjust your Disc drive's Pot. SWISS package contains an Iso ready to burn in one of its folders.

There are two other (simpler) solutions:
- If you have a GCVideo device, you can set it to output 240p and 480i linedoubled to 480p.
- You can set up a game exploit that is quite straight to load (Zelda WW), for which you don't need to see the display, or even one from a game that natively supports 480p, if you're on an NTSC GC.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:05 pm

The release 7z-archive contains ISO files for different regions. You can burn one of these and boot that. And yes, you can boot newer versions of swiss using that. So you don't have to burn a DVD everytime there's a new swiss release.
https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Sure, but why burn a DVD then, if you end up booting SWISS off another media, you'd better set up a game exploit and a Dolauncher.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:22 pm

It's just an additional option. Maybe ebj777 doesn't have one of the exploitable games, or doesn't want to bother.