Temporary Compatibility list - SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS HERE

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Slab of concrete

Temporary Compatibility list - SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS HERE

Post by Slab of concrete » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Old list deleted as it was outdated.

We mainly use the Wiki Version of it now => http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... ility_List

Feel free to edit your results in there. If you don't want to create an account or don't know how to wiki or for whatever reason, post your results in here and we'll put it in the Wiki whenever we find the time to do so!

Cheers, liquitt
Last edited by Slab of concrete on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Temporary Compatibility list - SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS HERE

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:48 am

awesome testing SrTommy.

I have a few recommendations though:

1. When you say "Audio Streaming works", this is incorrect because it will never work. I believe you mean, the background music in this game works - that's irrelevant because it should always work unless it's an audio streaming game. (Try a Game like Wave Race Blue Storm to see what I mean).

2. I think most of your "An Error Has Occurred" messages are 100% caused by the fact that you're not using an original disc in the drive. If your Swiss boot disc is not 100% filled (1.35GB) then you will encounter this "An Error Has Occurred" issue. Please either use a filled DVD-R with data or use an original disc and re-test the games above which you mentioned say that an error has occurred.
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 am

emu_kidid wrote:awesome testing SrTommy.

I have a few recommendations though:

1. When you say "Audio Streaming works", this is incorrect because it will never work. I believe you mean, the background music in this game works - that's irrelevant because it should always work unless it's an audio streaming game. (Try a Game like Wave Race Blue Storm to see what I mean).

2. I think most of your "An Error Has Occurred" messages are 100% caused by the fact that you're not using an original disc in the drive. If your Swiss boot disc is not 100% filled (1.35GB) then you will encounter this "An Error Has Occurred" issue. Please either use a filled DVD-R with data or use an original disc and re-test the games above which you mentioned say that an error has occurred.
Thanks for the recommendations :)

1. I say that because the swiss detects that the game has Audio Streaming.... I supposed that the audio streaming is the background music. Maybe is another sound and I didn't notice because I didn't hear it :p

2. I made the swiss boot with Booteable Disc Maker and the ISO had a size of 1.35GB :?. Anyway, I'll promise to buy a game quickly and re-test the games with "an error has occurred" legend. I'll probably buy Donkey Konga with the bongos :p. If some compatibility changes with an original disc I'll edit the post :)
infact

Post by infact » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 am

Swiss does not detect, if a game actually uses audio streaming, it only checks if the flag to enable this feature is set on the game disc.
Some (maybe many) have this flag, but dont use audio streaming at all.
infact
Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 am

Yeah, it detects based on the flag which appears was loosely used. It should do further checks but this should all go away when I introduce a configuration file
ZombieMan

Post by ZombieMan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 am

Hello guys, sorry for the intrusion, just to let you know, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles works almost flawlessly (for the ~30 minutes I played it).
It doesn't freeze after memory card check, it saves, it loads, goes ingame, etc... (I played the tutorial and the first caravan stop, and it worked fine). It plays those weird crackling sounds before and after loading stuff, but otherwise, I didn't hear any other sound artifacts during gameplay itself (including intro movie and speech, which sounded very clear).
Settings:
Pal Wii console, firmware 4.2, using that SD-Gecko clone thing ("Wii SD adapter", sold at dealextreme), newest Swiss, default settings (low patch, low mem), NTSC version of the game ('cause I like running stuff at 60hz).
I don't know if it matters, game was not shrunk, and I run it through "fstfix f" ('cause I'm paranoid) although it was good size already (it did some aligning), but I think it would work without it...
Oh, also ran it with original game in drive (Wii sports), and stopped the motor when it asked me if I wanted to.
I hope that's enough info :)
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:13 am

Transferred postings to the Wiki and cleaned the thread up.

Thank you all for participating in this!
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
julius

Post by julius » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Hey, have you ever loaded The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time/Master Quest through Swiss? I used the last version with an original disc in the drive in my gamecube, but does not work.
julius

Post by julius » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:15 pm

The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time/Master Quest (NTSC) prepatched with Swiss-r62 doesn´t work, any solution for this issue?.
infact

Post by infact » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:43 am

I can confirm that the PAL version (german) works.
infact
Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:13 am

julius, pre-patched in swiss?
julius

Post by julius » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Yep, when I boot the iso with swiss it says it has to make unreverseable pre-patch, then I confirm. When the game load it shows the Nintendo logo and after that it gives me an error message. I´ve noticed the last swiss version prepatch games that not nessesary needed to be patched with the other versions; for example, in my case I used Megaman Collection with older swiss versions without prepatch and it worked perfect, now new swiss version prepatch it, maybe to improve it in any way, but I do not notice the difference.
ZombieMan

Post by ZombieMan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:09 pm

I can't make Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends work.
ToS hangs after intro FMV (the one playing after selecting new game), while SoA hangs right after sega logo. Wiki says they work, but I do not have the same experience. I tried all possible combinations in the settings, with same results. Games are good dumps, burned versions work in neogamma, and I just tried SoA in SD-Boot, and it works there... I'll try it with some older version of Swiss now...
(for my settings and additional info, look my previous post in this thread)

edit: ok, they both work in swiss-r47 (didn't play much, but both survive the intro), with DVD motor NOT stopped. Funny thing, SoA won't boot if I stop DVD motor, but if I let it start, then manually eject disc from the tray, it still works fine (no such luck with ToS).

edit2: ...and then, just to add to the confusion, I made both games work in r62 ...by manually patching 'em with your prepatcher. Same behavior as in r47 (when not manually patched).
What baffles me the most: if I stop DVD motor, both games display some content, then hang in r62 (when not patched), while in r47 (and in r62, when patched) they display error message before managing to get to a point where they would hang in previous scenario (SoA refuses to boot at all, and ToS displays a single logo, then error).
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:25 am

ZombieMan, if you put clean versions on your SD card and use r62, what happens? Swiss should tell you to pre-patch and it should work in that case. You can't use old pre-patched versions, they will fail.
ZombieMan

Post by ZombieMan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:35 pm

First two paragraphs of my previous post are scenarios with clean, unpatched images.
Swiss doesn't tell me anything about patching in r62, it just boots the games...
When I patch 'em with your pre-patcher-r47, they work in r62 (I was bored and desperate, so I tried it... and it worked...).
limmik

Post by limmik » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:11 am

Mega Man Network Transmission:movies aren't smooth but everything else works great
DSman59

Post by DSman59 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:16 pm

I have tested some games that should be added to the list. Both are not working on Swiss 0.2
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (PAL). The game boots the disc inserted in GameCube instead of itself.
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (NTSC). Shows a black screen. Each time I load it Swiss tries to pre-patch one of its elf files (17 MB large) and then I see a black screen. Maybe the console runs out of memory and I should use some external pre-patcher?
EDIT: I also tried Minority Report (PAL). It runs acceptably - works but has audio problems (it gets out of synch in cutscenes or stops playing altogether; sound effects always work). Using the high level patch option without disabled interrupts improves the gameplay lags but audio streams don't work at all.
But I'm happy that I can try out mediocre games and find some hidden gems among them :) .
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Sorry for my loooooooooooooong delay, but here it is my compatibility list for all my games (I tested 156 games). I know that today emu_kidid release a new version of swiss but you can use this list to have some references.

Anyway if you have any question please ask me. Enjoy :)
Attachments
Compatibility List Swiss 0.94.zip
(173.29 KiB) Downloaded 646 times
arale

Post by arale » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:47 am

Megaman X command mission (PAL): chapter 5 when you get spotted by the security bots,it will initiate a battle but you get randomly stuck in the battle intro whirlpool. ( you can't get into a battle)
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:06 pm

SrTommy wrote:Sorry for my loooooooooooooong delay, but here it is my compatibility list for all my games (I tested 156 games). I know that today emu_kidid release a new version of swiss but you can use this list to have some references.

http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... ility_List
8-)

SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:28 pm

liquitt wrote:
SrTommy wrote:Sorry for my loooooooooooooong delay, but here it is my compatibility list for all my games (I tested 156 games). I know that today emu_kidid release a new version of swiss but you can use this list to have some references.

http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... ility_List
8-)
Yes, I know there is the wiki, but the last time I added some games emu_kidid (or it was you, I didn't remember :P) deleted my job because it was too detailed :(.

That's why now a made this list so everyone can check specific details of every game. Besides, the wiki have too vague information. For example, it hasn't the swiss version used for testing, region of the game tested, the device used for loading backups, configuration of Gamecube used for test (for example, I tested all the games using a component cable forcing 480p and not everyone has one), etc.

If someone have the time to add the information of my list to the wiki I will apreciate it

Anyway this list is now outdated :(. So I will update my list (starting with the non working games) when the new version of swiss works with my IDE-EXI :)
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Well we never deleted your comments, we just tried to merge them as good as possible.
Having two lists was never a goal, thats why we started the wiki.

We agreed on the wiki layout like that for many reasons, e.g. that always the last version of swiss should be used for testing etc.

I'm not trying to stop you here, just explaining the situation
What if you just added a page to the wiki and call it detailed compatibility list or something?

megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:55 pm

changes were made this morning to the wiki to include swiss version..
there may be more changes coming up...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:15 pm

liquitt wrote:Well we never deleted your comments, we just tried to merge them as good as possible.
Having two lists was never a goal, thats why we started the wiki.

We agreed on the wiki layout like that for many reasons, e.g. that always the last version of swiss should be used for testing etc.

I'm not trying to stop you here, just explaining the situation
What if you just added a page to the wiki and call it detailed compatibility list or something?
I understand your point: it's not the goal having 2 lists. But I only post my results in a PDF because it is a LOT to write in one post :P

The problem is that the wiki layout doesn't have the structure to write some specific details (for example, if the game tested was NTSC or PAL). I will think about some new structure and I'll propose it here to know your comments. (I don't know how to make a new page in the wiki :D)

And I think that the users who want to post here their results they must add more information about their tests: it is useless if they said "XXXX game works with stutter" and nothing else about it.
megalomaniac wrote:changes were made this morning to the wiki to include swiss version..
there may be more changes coming up...
That's a great change :). I hope there will be more changes to make the list more detailed.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 pm

just read a small howto on wikis. will get you started in less than 15 minutes. super easy stuff!