Config failed to save

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
leopards76

Config failed to save

Post by leopards76 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Help! My settings unfortunately never save, I just get the "config failed to save" error. I've tried setting the configuration device to every available option with no luck. My goal is to force 240p for Gameboy Interface but when I change the setting in the Swiss global settings, it still displays in 480i. I don't know how to access the game-specific settings in swiss either, I've tried everything. I'm booting Swiss V 0.5 using Windwaker. I have 2 stock gamecube memory cards, one with Swiss in slot A and the other with GCI in slot B.
Papy.G

Re: Config failed to save

Post by Papy.G » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:30 pm

SWISS only patches Games' ISOs, any homebrew you use should have its own way to somewhat save its settings.

To save settings for GBI, you have to set a .cli file for it according to your needs, no way to save settings via any GUI.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
leopards76

Post by leopards76 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Gotcha, so how do I go about setting a .cli file for it?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 am

Beginning with the GC-forever WIKI would be a good start.

Then you can see how the examples .cli files provided in the GBI archive are written within a text editor, and edit them with your own settings. Most of them are self-explanatory, others are more complicated to figure out, but they are not mandatory.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)