nkit.gcz

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Doctorbeefy

nkit.gcz

Post by Doctorbeefy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:27 am

I have a ton of games I backed up and put in nkit.gcz format to save space but found out today after getting my GC Loader set up it does not detect them as actual games. Is there a workaround or a way to get them to work?
Extrems

Re: nkit.gcz

Post by Extrems » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:28 am

Decompress them to .nkit.iso.
Doctorbeefy

Post by Doctorbeefy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:38 am

Extrems wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:28 am
Decompress them to .nkit.iso.
There is no way to keep this type of compression?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:44 am

Swiss' hypervisor would require to take a significant amount of memory away from the game to support GCZ, and have to emulate streaming audio in place of your GC Loader.
Doctorbeefy

Post by Doctorbeefy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:54 am

Extrems wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:44 am
Swiss' hypervisor would require to take a significant amount of memory away from the game to support GCZ, and have to emulate streaming audio in place of your GC Loader.
Alright, so is there a better method to shrink the size further than nkit.iso?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:57 am

No, that is the best.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:28 am

If SD card space is such a big concern, you can still use the original discs as well.
That's what I'm forced to do since my 64GB card broke. I kept on two 8GB cards the dumps of the games my son uses the most, and all the Zeldas plus FFCC on the second one. :P

I've had many systems to use plenty of games on various consoles, such as the Super Wild Card (SNES copier), GB multi-carts (24 in 1), and all the DS and GBA and GB gear that are mentionned in my signature, and I can tell you there is a side effect in having too many games: the more you have, the less you play. :cry:

It's "funny" how people often expect SWISS to follow Dolphin on various features (as seen here), forgetting that SWISS has to achieve enhancements within the original hardware limits, while Dolphin can go far beyond those limits, running on overpowered machines.
The wonders achieved by SWISS on the GC are so incredible given what we historically thought we can expect from this hardware, that we sometimes tend to forget those inherent limitations.

Although, I didn't experience much bothering issues with NKIT.ISO format, but if NKIT, and subsequently SWISS, are bound to converge to .CISO format, so it will improve compatibility, speed, or anything, it may be a good news.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:33 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:28 am

That's what I'm forced to do since my 64GB card broke.

Although, I didn't experience much bothering issues with NKIT.ISO format, but if NKIT, and subsequently SWISS, are bound to converge to .CISO format, so it will improve compatibility, speed, or anything, it may be a good news.
I don't see any progress towards improving the Nkit format. perhaps the program can improve or gain an update version.
but what happens with Nkit games is that some run well, and there are those that seem to run well; but they give problems.
I realized that simple games, like I Ninja, Drive Taxi, which run compressed, do not cause problems. and I don't see how you can improve the compression, that's the size of the game.
run a game with audio transmission, in Nkit format, like Pandora Tomorrow, that when playing in Nkit format, the sound happens, but it can get out of sync. despite working.
if it works, will it work well? :?:
I finished the metal equipment in Nkit format, I saw no damage; at least for me.

if we look at Resident evil 2 N64, we see that a change was made with the source code of the game. already a different job.

the Swiss is improved, but the hardware limit leads us to a dead end. :shock:

two 64 GB cards of mine also burned. :cry:
SWISS USER :geek:
Doctorbeefy

Post by Doctorbeefy » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:15 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:28 am
If SD card space is such a big concern, you can still use the original discs as well.
That's what I'm forced to do since my 64GB card broke. I kept on two 8GB cards the dumps of the games my son uses the most, and all the Zeldas plus FFCC on the second one. :P

I've had many systems to use plenty of games on various consoles, such as the Super Wild Card (SNES copier), GB multi-carts (24 in 1), and all the DS and GBA and GB gear that are mentionned in my signature, and I can tell you there is a side effect in having too many games: the more you have, the less you play. :cry:

It's "funny" how people often expect SWISS to follow Dolphin on various features (as seen here), forgetting that SWISS has to achieve enhancements within the original hardware limits, while Dolphin can go far beyond those limits, running on overpowered machines.
The wonders achieved by SWISS on the GC are so incredible given what we historically thought we can expect from this hardware, that we sometimes tend to forget those inherent limitations.

unfortunately, I am using a GCloader so no disk reader.

However, I converted my nkit.gcz to nkit.iso and was able to put the full library on one 512 gig sd card aside from like 8 fifa games. Now I just need to figure out how to get my SNES roms to detect.