Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Post Reply
User avatar
Dragoon
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by Dragoon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:56 pm

I guess this is the first time you hear about this chip,
but it's one of the cheapest ones you can get (actualy make :p) and it's open source,
wich means that we can easily modify it to our will :D
You probably know the Ninja Mod, that's actualy tmbinc's chip but then with different specs and bios.

Some technical stuff and specs:
- 4MB flash (means we can flash it with swiss)
- 7 wires install
- Flashable via Serial, Parallel (only for MC I think), and BBA (tmbinc's IPL replacement)
- AR memory card needed to write the bootloader to (to boot the chip)(I think any other Datel MC works so you don't to invest in a old AR of $70,- +)
- *Not sure* Needs the keystream *1 to work

What we can do:
- Work away the need for a memory card
- Any other stuff I can't think of now :p

Note *1:
The keystream is the XOR encryption key needed to encrypt en decrypt the BIOS. (I don't have it, because I don't understand the math in YAGCD *2 chapter X)
Note *2:
YAGCD is Yet Another Gamecube Documentation.

Attachements:
new_mod_from_tmbinc.zip
Schematics and pictures and VHDL
(485.37 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
eurasia wiki + debugmode.de.rar
Sites wich contain needed/interesting info and pictures (not in the other rar's (these are still online and not included in the rar's (but I did include eurasia's wiki page just in case)))
(285.4 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
ipl_replacement.rar
IPL replacement source
(228.16 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Image
User avatar
liquitt
Posts: 1778
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am
Location: neverland
Contact:

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by liquitt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:07 am

go ahead and have a bunch of them produced then :)
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
User avatar
Dragoon
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by Dragoon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:33 am

Any one knows how to use Eagle? And has these chips in his/her version?
I can get them produed @ my local electronics store :D
But first, we need to work away the need of a memory card.
Image
User avatar
humerf
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by humerf » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Cool !!!!
next week I'll make my first "IDE-EXI" here in Brazil
if you need "testers" for this new project, just talk ok :D

My Gamecube

Dol -001 - black - "Brazilian model " = model USA
cable Component video
xeno 1.05
BBA (network adapter)

and I still have another
Gamecube JAP ( mod USA) - Black
Dol - XXX
xeno 1.05

both in perfect condition
User avatar
Dragoon
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by Dragoon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:03 am

Emu_kidid told me he can get them produced for $20,- :D And I think that's cheaper than I would have them.
Image
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4645
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:22 pm

No point when there are so many qoob pro's ;)
Image
User avatar
Dragoon
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by Dragoon » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 pm

true, do you still have some left?
Image
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4645
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah, check out the webstore :)
Image
Undead Sega
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by Undead Sega » Tue May 26, 2020 2:26 am

Hi guys,

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Because the Qoob is no longer manufactured and pretty much out of circulation, can there still be a point to this? :D

Also does anyone know about the status of the NinjaMod chip?

Hope you're all staying safe and sound! πŸ™
User avatar
liquitt
Posts: 1778
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am
Location: neverland
Contact:

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by liquitt » Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 am

Undead Sega wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 2:26 am
Hi guys,

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Because the Qoob is no longer manufactured and pretty much out of circulation, can there still be a point to this? :D

Also does anyone know about the status of the NinjaMod chip?

Hope you're all staying safe and sound! πŸ™
None of the modchips are still being produced or sold on a bigger scale afaik. Sometimes people find boxes of 10+ units and sell them on this or other forums
NinjaMod is dead, same as the others. I might still have a sealed one, but it's not a good modchip anymore - in comparison.

If there's a point to this? Exciting DIY projects always have a point to it, so get learning if you want.
Apart from that, there's so many ways of booting homebrew on the GC now that it might seem pointless though.
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
Undead Sega
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by Undead Sega » Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 pm

liquitt wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 am
Undead Sega wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 2:26 am
Hi guys,

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Because the Qoob is no longer manufactured and pretty much out of circulation, can there still be a point to this? :D

Also does anyone know about the status of the NinjaMod chip?

Hope you're all staying safe and sound! πŸ™
None of the modchips are still being produced or sold on a bigger scale afaik. Sometimes people find boxes of 10+ units and sell them on this or other forums
NinjaMod is dead, same as the others. I might still have a sealed one, but it's not a good modchip anymore - in comparison.

If there's a point to this? Exciting DIY projects always have a point to it, so get learning if you want.
Apart from that, there's so many ways of booting homebrew on the GC now that it might seem pointless though.
Well, maybe the mod chip itself might not be good anymore but what I was referring to was could it still be a good candidate for replacing the data with Swiss?

Much like the Qoob, an IPL replacement, I stated previously before they are not made anymore but if they're around (like people finding boxes of 10+ units like you said) that' already a better chance of ever finding a Qoob SX/Pro :D
User avatar
liquitt
Posts: 1778
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am
Location: neverland
Contact:

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by liquitt » Wed May 27, 2020 1:47 pm

Undead Sega wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 pm
liquitt wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 am
Undead Sega wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 2:26 am
Hi guys,

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Because the Qoob is no longer manufactured and pretty much out of circulation, can there still be a point to this? :D

Also does anyone know about the status of the NinjaMod chip?

Hope you're all staying safe and sound! πŸ™
None of the modchips are still being produced or sold on a bigger scale afaik. Sometimes people find boxes of 10+ units and sell them on this or other forums
NinjaMod is dead, same as the others. I might still have a sealed one, but it's not a good modchip anymore - in comparison.

If there's a point to this? Exciting DIY projects always have a point to it, so get learning if you want.
Apart from that, there's so many ways of booting homebrew on the GC now that it might seem pointless though.
Well, maybe the mod chip itself might not be good anymore but what I was referring to was could it still be a good candidate for replacing the data with Swiss?

Much like the Qoob, an IPL replacement, I stated previously before they are not made anymore but if they're around (like people finding boxes of 10+ units like you said) that' already a better chance of ever finding a Qoob SX/Pro :D
Not a good modchip as in: Qoob Pro/Viper X have a USB connection, flashable via disc and whatnot, the NinjaMod feels very old when it comes to actual features. I might have one somewhere, brand new and sealed if you really fancy that one...
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
Undead Sega
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Tmbinc's modchip ideal for swiss

Post by Undead Sega » Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 pm

liquitt wrote: ↑
Wed May 27, 2020 1:47 pm
Undead Sega wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 pm
liquitt wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 am


None of the modchips are still being produced or sold on a bigger scale afaik. Sometimes people find boxes of 10+ units and sell them on this or other forums
NinjaMod is dead, same as the others. I might still have a sealed one, but it's not a good modchip anymore - in comparison.

If there's a point to this? Exciting DIY projects always have a point to it, so get learning if you want.
Apart from that, there's so many ways of booting homebrew on the GC now that it might seem pointless though.
Well, maybe the mod chip itself might not be good anymore but what I was referring to was could it still be a good candidate for replacing the data with Swiss?

Much like the Qoob, an IPL replacement, I stated previously before they are not made anymore but if they're around (like people finding boxes of 10+ units like you said) that' already a better chance of ever finding a Qoob SX/Pro :D
Not a good modchip as in: Qoob Pro/Viper X have a USB connection, flashable via disc and whatnot, the NinjaMod feels very old when it comes to actual features. I might have one somewhere, brand new and sealed if you really fancy that one...
Ahh, that makes more sense, and yes, maybe features-wise it is inferior, although I think they're similar just without flashable options.
Speaking of which, how does one flash the NinjaMod?
And like what the OP stated, can it still be a good candidate for SWISS? :)

And yeah, I would very much fancy to have the one you have...I'm just afraid that I don't have much to give in return (especially during these times, I lost my work and relying on savings at the moment). I just wanted to be honest with you, and be as respectable as possible as I genuinely appreciate your offer. So I completely understand if you don't wish to continue in that department. πŸ™
Post Reply