Swiss In-Game Reset Issue

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Metal Ghost

Swiss In-Game Reset Issue

Post by Metal Ghost » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:10 pm

Hello all, and thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide....it is very much appreciated! I have Google/Reddit/YouTube searched for help quite a few times, but can't quite seem to fix my issue.

I'm running Swiss V1336 off of SD2SP2 via PicoBoot. I am trying to enable In-Game reset, however every time I do so, it will reset to the GameCube menu instead of to Swiss.

Based on what I'd read, I went into the DOL folder in order to copy the uncompressed DOL file from there, copy to the SD Card root, and name to igr.dol. As you can see from the attached screenshot, for whatever reason, there is not an uncompressed version of that file in that folder. Therefore, first I tried copying the IPL.dol file that was already on the root of the SD card and re-naming the copy to igr.dol (after enabling in-game resets within the Swiss menu). However, when I was in a game and tried in-game reset, it would put me to the GameCube menu and not Swiss.

With that not working, I downloaded the latest version of Swiss this morning (V1400, I believe). I extracted the files, took the uncompressed dol file from that version (which was there....I still don't know why it wasn't sitting in the dol folder in my V1336), copied that over to the root of my SD card, renamed it igr.dol. Still same result....when I try to in-game reset to Swiss, it instead goes to the GameCube menu.

I think the shortcut keys I tried were 'down-B-Z-right', and 'start-B-right' (I think those were it). But sets of shortcut keys brought me out of the game, but into GameCube menu instead of Swiss.

I've added some screenshots, which I'm hoping may help, and can add any other ones if that helps.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm very new to the scene, but am loving Swiss so far! This is really just such a small annoyance, but one that's really frustrating me :)
Attachments
Swiss1336GlobalTXT.png
(60.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Swiss1336DOLFolder.png
(31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Swiss1336RootFolder.png
(24.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Extrems

Re: Swiss In-Game Reset Issue

Post by Extrems » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:25 pm

What is your SD card formatted as? exFAT is not currently supported.
Metal Ghost

Post by Metal Ghost » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:42 pm

Extrems wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:25 pm
What is your SD card formatted as? exFAT is not currently supported.
Thanks so much! It is formatted as exFAT :(

Probably a silly question, but I'm running Windows 11 and when I go to Format the SD card, the only two options I have are exFAT and NTFS. Is there a utility you can recommend or some other way to get my SD card formated to FAT32 (I'm assuming that's what I need??)?
Metal Ghost

Post by Metal Ghost » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:26 pm

Hey @Extrems, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I found a utility to format my 264GB card to Fat32. Brought all of my files over again and tried in-game reset....and it worked! Very much appreciated!

All....I had another question. I can start another thread (and I'll search the forums before I do), but thought I'd post it here just to see if someone might know.

I had also investigated to see if it was possible to add the GameCube startup animation back when powering in the GC. I had read that it was, by taking the file from the ISO folder, renaming it 'boot.iso' and placing it into the top level of the SD card. I did that, but when I power the GC on it doesn't play the little startup animation.

Any ideas?

It's obviously not important, just something I kinda' miss LOL