Blueretro not detecting GameId - swiss config required?

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
bobbobbly

Blueretro not detecting GameId - swiss config required?

Post by bobbobbly » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:59 am

DOL-001 PAL, gc-loader 1.1.2, Swiss v0.6r1400, LaserBear Blueretro 1.8.1HW2

Looking to configure controllers per game, but blueretro is not detecing the gameid - the advanced config screen shows "Current Game: undefined (GC)" for all games.

I have upgraded to the latest version of swiss where I believe support for gameid's was recently added?

Is there anything in Swiss I need to configure to send the game id?

thanks!
bobbobbly

Re: Blueretro not detecting GameId - swiss config required?

Post by bobbobbly » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:06 pm

so..may have found the 'issue':

I was starting the game in swiss using a plugged in controller (either wavebird or wired) then when the game started, unplugged the controller and connected my bluetooth controller.
When starting a game with a plugged in controller, the gameid is not recognised by blueretro.
If unplug the controller , connect the bluetooth controller then start the game from swiss using the bluetooth controller, the gameid is recognised by blueretro.

@Extrems - Not sure if this is a bug? If so, is it with Swiss or Blueretro?

cheers.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:18 pm

There probably isn't any game ID transmission provision in game, so the Blueretro adapter has to be connected when it is sent, probably from SWISS, at launch time. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:47 pm

A controller must be connected to BlueRetro for it to accept the command. Currently it must also be on controller socket 1.
bobbobbly

Post by bobbobbly » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:45 am

Thanks all. The use case is to activate a configuration when GBI is launched for my old 8bitdo SF30 snes controller. Currently GBI is showing as undefined in the blueretro config, but it is showing the unique hex value which triggers the configuration. It working fantastically well, so thanks Extrems for all your amazing work.