blank screen on booting swiss

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
concretesnail

blank screen on booting swiss

Post by concretesnail » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:54 am

morning all.

i have an issue with launching swiss via a disc. The machine is a jp cubew with a working xeno chip for region free play and id like to be able to use the sd2sp to carry gameboy interface but the swiss disc i have isnt launching, or doesnt appear to be launching.

If i power the cube on and pop the swiss disc in after the GC boot up the drive idenitifies the disc as swiss 4. I if then launch the disc from there the screen fades to black and then appears to do nothing. the swiss front end doesnt appear. If i power the machine with the swiss disc already in the drrive the the cube logo appears and then stays while the disc is read then fades to black screen, and stays that way. Any pointers of advice would be helpful as far as i can tell the pot doesnt needed tweeking more as the disc identy is being read as it should as it shows in the launcher but could that be 'easier' to read?
Papy.G

Re: blank screen on booting swiss

Post by Papy.G » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:01 am

Don't tweak the pot! Go for a game exploit instead if your laser still manages to load official disks.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:26 am

What version of Swiss is this, latest? I don't think there'd be many people still testing the discs with a XenoGC so it's possible something is broken. On your SD2SP2 do you see Swiss creating a "swiss" directory on root at all? (Just curious if video output is broken).
concretesnail

Post by concretesnail » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:34 am

I'll check the sd card later and see if the anything has been written to it. I'll also check the swiss version on the disc to confirm.
Regards video the gc still works normally with original games of any version. The video only fails when the swiss disc is in.
concretesnail

Post by concretesnail » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:59 pm

sorry for the delay. i have finally checked the sd card. the card only has the files io wrote to it. the swiss disc still isnt booting. Ive gone the pop tweaking again, in increments of 20 and tested at each stage and got nothing.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:39 am

:roll:

Tinkering with burnt DVDs is way too many hassle, get back to the original pot setting, and go for a Save Exploit if only your laser isn't already F* up.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
concretesnail

Post by concretesnail » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:56 pm

i know the laser fine, as ive gone back to stsock setting and it s running absolutly fine with original discs of any format. ill have a look at the save exploit and see what it entails.
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:50 am

well that looks like a region error.
if you can, try burning the swiss with the iso from another region.
for example: my cube USA, it only initializes the swiss recorded in the JAP ISO.
If I use ISO NTSC USA, it gives an error like your description...
Burn a Nova Swiss mini DVD; from another github package region. :idea:
:idea: :geek: SWISS USER :geek: :idea:
DEBUG IS NECESSARY :arrow: :ugeek: