Music missing from games with audio streaming

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
KunaiFire

Music missing from games with audio streaming

Post by KunaiFire » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Hey there!

I noticed that music starts to disappear in Metroid Prime after a while. Does anyone know what I could do to fix this?
I read that shrunk games with audio streaming have these problems, and using a program called Fstfix can fix this.
Well, I tried fixing it with it, but the music still disappeared the same way. But it fixed the missing audio from cutscenes in Zelda Wind Waker!
So... is it possible to fix Metroid Prime music?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Music missing from games with audio streaming

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 pm

What are you playing this from, SDGecko? If so, fstfix might not fix anything. You might need to tinker with the patch mode in the Settings.
KunaiFire

Post by KunaiFire » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm using Codejunkies's SD Media Launcher.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 am

sorry, I mean, where is the game on, is it an actual disc or on SD Card? If it's on SD, it might never work.
KunaiFire

Post by KunaiFire » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Oh, it was on an SD card. But I wonder why fstfix fixed Wind Waker... Maybe fstfix works with an SD card with certain games?
roubagalinhas

Post by roubagalinhas » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 pm

i had no audio issues with wind waker and i always use scrubbed images
disaster3ad

Post by disaster3ad » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 am

I doubt that WindWaker uses audio streaming. FSTFIX makes alignment for audio tracks on the disk(image), but its do nothing to Swiss.

SWISS do not audio stream(at this moment).
Kenten1993

Post by Kenten1993 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:40 am

I am having a major issue with my Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 with its audio. The voices of the characters are good and play perfect in game. But cut scenes and music don't work at all. I heard by using Swiss I can fix this, also I am playing it from a back up cd on my wii.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:55 am

Kenten1993 wrote:I am having a major issue with my Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 with its audio. The voices of the characters are good and play perfect in game. But cut scenes and music don't work at all. I heard by using Swiss I can fix this, also I am playing it from a back up cd on my wii.
Use nintendont if you're using a Wii, Swiss isn't made for Wii.
Kenten1993

Post by Kenten1993 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:35 am

@eum_kidid Thank you soooo much oh my god how I have been finding a way to get this working, thank you!!!!
Kenten1993

Post by Kenten1993 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:58 am

Wow. Sorry for misspelling your name my friend, but I do have more questions about Nintendont that the guide didn't go over with me. You see, I have 3 iso's compiled into one disc, but one of the iso's is the one that needs the audio fixing. How can I choose what game I want to fix or can I not do that in Nintendont?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 am

Just put ISOs on your SD card or a USB drive instead of burning to a DVD.
Kenten1993

Post by Kenten1993 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:01 am

@Streetwalker But then I would have a DVD laying around and I don't want that.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Throw it away ?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:08 am

I have to admit I've thrown away quite a few dvd-r's and cd-r's from the mid 00's because they're just not useful any more.
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Kenten1993 wrote:Wow. Sorry for misspelling your name my friend, but I do have more questions about Nintendont that the guide didn't go over with me. You see, I have 3 iso's compiled into one disc, but one of the iso's is the one that needs the audio fixing. How can I choose what game I want to fix or can I not do that in Nintendont?
Have you tried the game on its own disc?
You bring up a good question either way, I don't think I've heard whether any programs or modchips support streaming audio from compiled iso's.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:31 pm

theclaw wrote:
Kenten1993 wrote:Wow. Sorry for misspelling your name my friend, but I do have more questions about Nintendont that the guide didn't go over with me. You see, I have 3 iso's compiled into one disc, but one of the iso's is the one that needs the audio fixing. How can I choose what game I want to fix or can I not do that in Nintendont?
Have you tried the game on its own disc?
You bring up a good question either way, I don't think I've heard whether any programs or modchips support streaming audio from compiled iso's.
Swiss supports audio streaming from multi-game disc compilations (if playing them back from disc), those such as Cobra Multi-game format or GCOS Multi-game.
Aleron Ives

Post by Aleron Ives » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:20 am

theclaw wrote:I don't think I've heard whether any programs or modchips support streaming audio from compiled iso's.
On a similar note, are there any programs that can build new GC ISOs that either use the same file positioning as the original disc (from game.toc?) or at least the same alignment? The only tool I can find to build GC ISOs from extracted files is GCRebuilder, and it always uses 2048 byte alignment, which definitely won't work for streaming audio titles. You can adjust the alignment with fstfix, but that seems to always resort the files into alphabetical order, regardless of what the original sort order was. Technically that shouldn't matter when reading from non-optical media, except perhaps in the case of loading times (if they're being simulated) and games that require certain files to have a certain LBA.