Swiss 0.2

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Swiss 0.2

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:36 pm

I'll check out some of the top rated "no longer working" titles listed here shortly and make some fixes. remember, this is the most unstable point for the release since it's only the first revision of 0.2 ;)
ShockSlayer

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:47 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Create Qoob modchip flashable BIOS version
EEEEEEE :D
arios129

Post by arios129 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:51 pm

there are 3 archives on the download, sorry but i dont know how i can install, can some guy help me pls
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:51 am

fixed a small oversight which was making most games not boot - go and grab r94 from the downloads page :)
arios129

Post by arios129 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:12 am

emu_kidid wrote:fixed a small oversight which was making most games not boot - go and grab r94 from the downloads page :)
hii i tested some games in my wii 4.2 (usa) and i found somthing interesting

Rev 94 with memory card on slot b
mario party 5 (ntsc )doesn´t frezee on the title screen but when i try to create a fily and play the game get frezzed
mario party 7 (ntsc) doesn´t frezee on nintendo logo but when i am on the title of the screen and i push start it get frezzed

with out of memory card
the games get frezzed like to olther versions
mario party 5 in the title screen (push start)
mario party 7 get frezzed on nintendo logo

and sorry if i writte some bad but i am from Mexico and is some difficult to me write in english
Last edited by arios129 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:41 am

verified that Mario Party 7 does indeed crash.. if you use High memory it runs until you create a file then it crashes.. I'll need to investigate this further.. I'm pretty sure it used to work at some point.

Seems it runs out of memory when I place it high and when it's low, it wants to use that area for relocating code.
arios129

Post by arios129 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:50 am

emu_kidid wrote:verified that Mario Party 7 does indeed crash.. if you use High memory it runs until you create a file then it crashes.. I'll need to investigate this further.. I'm pretty sure it used to work at some point.

Seems it runs out of memory when I place it high and when it's low, it wants to use that area for relocating code.
Emu kid, do you think that have a memory card in one of the slots , can modify the form of how the game runs, i was thinking that when i tried to run mario partys
BigRobotBil

Post by BigRobotBil » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:27 am

I love you. I'll boot up my Gamecube with this awesome stuff tomorrow.
novadragon849

Post by novadragon849 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:07 am

emu_kidid wrote:verified that Mario Party 7 does indeed crash.. if you use High memory it runs until you create a file then it crashes.. I'll need to investigate this further.. I'm pretty sure it used to work at some point.

Hi emu_kidid, thanks for the better release of r94. I have again tried the games that I confirmed in r93 to be not working and the results are:

Fire Emblem: Works ok, however the intro and throughout the game there appears to be lags and occasional "beep" noises.

Eternal Darkness: Works ok, however the intro and throughout the game there appears to be lags and occasional "beep" noises.

Baten Kaitos Origins: Does not work if I set to high patch mode as it still gets stuck after pressing start at the intro. However, if I set it to low and patch location to low then it can bypass this problem. However this game suffers from HEAVY lag and "beeping" noises.

Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean: Does not work if I set to high patch mode as it still gets stuck after pressing start at the intro. However, if I set it to low and patch location to low then it can bypass this problem. However this game suffers from HEAVY lag and "beeping" noises.

I hope these results are of interest to you and that it can help you further improve Swiss.

On the side, I got another question. Which settings are arguably the "best" In terms of making the game run more smoothly and not suffer from lag and beeping?

Here are my settings:

Speed: Fast with a 32Mhz compatible 8gb Sandisk Ultra
Memory Card Slot B
Game Video Mode: Force 480p
Patch Mode: High Level
Disable Interrupts: Yes
Gamecube Disc in Drive
Stop Motor: Yes

Are these the best settings?

Also what causes the games to lag and to cause those annoying beep noises? Can these be fixed in the later Swiss versions?

Anyway thanks for your hard work!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Best for no lag sounds (but also least compatible) is High Level Patch mode with Disable Interrupts: No.

I want to focus to make this the more compatible mode.
FurorTeutonicus

Post by FurorTeutonicus » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Thank you emu-kidid, Merry Christmas from Germany, you `re the best! :-)
sakamoto

Post by sakamoto » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:17 pm

emu_kidid wrote:fixed a small oversight which was making most games not boot - go and grab r94 from the downloads page :)
great, Pikmin 1 and Kirby Air Ride now confirmed working :D

Luigi's Mansion's freezing on file selection menu not yet solved (PAL)
Image DOL-001 EUR Viper GC Extreme | Image DOL-001 EUR Wiikey Fusion or Wode? (soon)
panmusic

Post by panmusic » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Nice work Emu_kidid.You acted really fast with r94! :-)

I spend the whole evening testing compatibility with r94 and here are my results.

-Baten Kaitos games are playable again.Actually forcing 480p works like a charm!

-P.N 03 PAL does not work in every setting I tried.

-PoP TSOT does not freeze in the memory card logo anymore.R94 patches the game in 480p but unfortunately the screen displays in half the size.
PoP WW is not booting at all (green screen).

-Chibi Robo PAL no longer works.No signal displayed at all the possible settings combinations.

-Eternal Darkness now works very well.No freezing in the E.A Poe screen anymore. (And displays at 480p too!)

-Beyond Good and Evil is not playable at all.Whatever settings I tried it diplayed a green screen.
-The same as above with Skies of Arcadia but instead of a green screen,this time it displays almost always a blue screen with some codes.
(Actually BOTH BG&E and SoA are playable if I switch manually my Wii to display in 576i.If the Wii displays in any other signal (480i/p) the games can not be played.
It seems that patching third-party 50hz games is a lot trickier than Nintendo's first-party which seem to run fine in 480p like Wave Race...)

-Animal Crossing does not display antyhing at all at 480p/Auto mode.

Finally,Luigi's Mansion.It freezes also for me -as everyone already guessed- but I have made a few observation.As I said in a previous post the freezing seems to occur really randomly.I have started the game over 30 times and ironically only 3 times I managed to actually enter the mansion.These 3 times were right after I had formatted my 32gb SDHC card.My first try with a freshly formatted card almost always got me to pass the freezing in the selection menu and the freezing in the cut-scene where Luigi enters the mansion.Every other time,the game freezes in these exact spots.Well,in the mansion I started to walk around.Everything seemed to run fine.I was in joy when I spoke to the Toad who is in the lobby.Black screen but the audio was playing normally.The second time I tried to confirm ny suspicions and spoke again to Toad.I had exactly the same black screen with audio.The third and final time I tried to skip the Toad and explore the mansion.After taking 2-3 steps in the lobby stairs,the game froze.

I don't know what causes all of this,but I wish I could be helpful.
The irony is that a launch GC game is the most difficult to crack.

Emu_kidid I thank you for all your hard work and if you want from to test anything,I will gladly help! :-)
king666

Post by king666 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Friend 94 Emu_kidid proofing the many games without a DVD stopped working but some speed has improved, the Mansion Luiguis NTSC Wii does not work on NTSC consoles yet, hopefully it will soon be able to play without DVD in the Wii, you thank you for all your hard work you are doing, to install Swiss and had to rename the file (swiss-unpacked.dol) leaving it as follows (swiss.dol) and and put in the Wiikey SD, and it works now asked the files: swiss-lz.dol and Swiss 0.2 r94.gcm where they are placed and to serve? I hope you can answer and Friend. :D

Greetings.
Nintendero of heart until death i snatched from them.

Favorite Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYIjkmVj ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLYjRn--GI
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:59 pm

@panmusic:
What happens in Eternal Darkness when you die? The game reloads the main.dol on death, i'm not sure if the prepatcher takes care of that.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:43 am

I tried Luigis mansion NTSC version and it still freezes on boot..... BTW Was thinking it would be great if there were WBFS support added in to this. the wiikey uses a WBFS formatted memory card and it would be great to be able to manage that card without a PC needed.....
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:01 am

Before something like that is done, it needs to be confirmed that .wbfs files do not break audio streams. If not, this would just create a total mess.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:31 am

WBFS can be added.. I just need to see some driver for it
panmusic

Post by panmusic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:27 am

WiiPower wrote:@panmusic:
What happens in Eternal Darkness when you die? The game reloads the main.dol on death, i'm not sure if the prepatcher takes care of that.

WiiPower,the game does exactly what you said.The game resets and actually boots automatically the GC disk I have in the drive.

Also,I tried to start a new game from the beginning and the game froze exactly at the point where the gameplay is about to start.(Remember the painting effect which comes to life as the chapter starts?Exactly there.)

WiiPower,do you have any ideas about Luigi's Mansion?

Edit- As it seems,Skies of Arcadia Legends PAL no longer works even in 576i mode. :-(
Nukatha

Post by Nukatha » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Okay, I copied my Melee disk to an SD card using emu_kidid's Gamecube ripping program (that the Gamecube runs). I was able to boot it (and play it just fine) on various computers in Dolphin. I get the 'fragmented' error message when trying to boot it on my Cube in Swiss through the SD card..
Naturally, I need to avoid that.
Before I try anything again just a few questions:
#1. Would running a defrag on an SD card allow it to boot the ISO in swiss? (I know about how it harms the life of the SD card, but would it work at all?)
#2. Would re-running the DVD rip work if it was on a clean SD card?
#3. Is there anything else I need to know?
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:05 pm

panmusic wrote:[...]
WiiPower,the game does exactly what you said.The game resets and actually boots automatically the GC disk I have in the drive.

Also,I tried to start a new game from the beginning and the game froze exactly at the point where the gameplay is about to start.(Remember the painting effect which comes to life as the chapter starts?Exactly there.)

WiiPower,do you have any ideas about Luigi's Mansion?
[...]
The game should reset to the main menu. That's what it does in NeoGamma and with the retail disc.

The Luigi's Mansion problems look like a speed/interrupt problem to me. If emu_kidid finds a good solution for the interrupt stuff, i hope the game will just start to work. My old test results are on the Google Code page:
http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/issues/detail?id=15
julius

Post by julius » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Nice work emu, it seems it has new features like the buttos added on the bottom of the screen, but I haven´t tested yet because I have to adjust a problem that my tv has on bottom too. I only wonder if in the future we¨ll have a version that we could load through the method SDML+SD Gecko.
But anyway good job.
Naxil

Post by Naxil » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:51 pm

sorry for my engrish!
Hello.
I have some GCM file make error on swiss 0.2 (wii error, i use wii with swiss booter 0.3)
what i can do for fix this gcm file?
i have used gcmtool and i can see the banner pic on pc..
but in swiss not show banner (is onepeice grand battle) and after make a error (wait time ,reboot).

MY COMPATIBILITY LIST:
Zelda windwaker m5 (run in italian wow!!)
Run with very low cost china SD (after format with SDformatter panasonic and dos format 32k).
RUN in 16mhz mode (32mhz mode not run) and standard config.
Suond goods perfect, graphic perfect!

PS=is possible make a tool for cdz file? not all people have big computer for run dolphin (i hate this Virtual OS).
TNX FOR YOURWORK!

psII= what is gcm file inside the r92 packet)?

why u not make a swiss can read two partition on sd cards (one for gcm file) and one 64mb for emulate a GC memory card?
elricorico

Post by elricorico » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:25 pm

r93 is the only version I've been able to run a Gamecube game using my launch Wii with a dead drive. Mario Kart runs nicely (Auto, High Level and Yes for settings only, all other settings just leave a black screen). I did notice that the shadows are not rendered correctly though.

r94 goes back to complaining about not having a DVD in the drive. I'll give that one a whirl on my Wii with a working drive later.

I love that Swiss seems active again. This is one homebrew I really get excited about.
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:14 pm

If the memory card emulation is added, it will be one file or one folder on your FAT32 partition next to your .iso files, no need for 2 partitions.