Swiss on Wiikey Fusion as initial ISO

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Swiss on Wiikey Fusion as initial ISO

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Can someone try this Swiss version with files past the 16GB boundary?
http://gc-forever.com/wkftest16gb.dol
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm out of town till friday. I'll test as soon as I get back though. :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks Ashen, I was going to test it last night but I got too busy with other crap :\
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Looks like a no go for now. Though this test version doesn't freeze when it initializes the wiikey fusion. This is what I get:

Last file that loads properly on my SD:

Next file on the card after the one above:

What happens when I try to boot any of the games over the boundary:

Anything else I can do to help get things working Emu just let me know. Thanks again for looking into fixing this, I think in celebration of the 3.0 release I may make up a batch of 10 or so plug and play adapters again as I've acquired 10ish DVD connectors again. No promises on when I'll get them done though.

EDIT: Is there a specific way I should prep/format my SD card maybe? I'm just doing a standard fat32 format in Windows with default allocation size set.
Attachments
IMG_0338.jpg
(82.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_0337.jpg
(91.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_0336.jpg
(61.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:26 am

Thanks Ashen, I feel so stupid, just realized now what the big mistake was all this time :P

Please try this build: http://www.gc-forever.com/wkftest32gb.dol
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Well, it looks like its closer to working for sure. All the banners display properly now when you select a game in the Swiss menu, however every time I try to boot any game whether its over the 16gb boundary or not it either blackscreens on loading or gets stuck at loading main dol 33%.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:09 pm

cleaned up some more loose ends, try this one: http://www.gc-forever.com/wkftest32gb-v2.dol
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Still getting about the same results unfortunately. I made up a video to show exactly whats happening when I try to boot the games. Its like after it loads the main dol it just quits or doesn't know where to go after that or something. Only the last file on my card hangs at 33% now all the rest black/green screen.

Video is still uploading, give it a few mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t4f_mrq ... e=youtu.be
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 pm

hm, interesting results... It seems to work for me though with the one game I tried on my SD Card. Is your WKF running 1.5 or 1.0 fw?
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:18 am

Its on 1.5

I'll do some more testing tonight with different sd cards and I'll reformat my 32gb card and try again.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:15 am

I'll try with more games tonight, I tried Animal Crossing only so maybe it gets away with whatever bug is there.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:50 am

found the bug, should have a new build in 10 hours to test with. sorry about the sloppy coding as of late, I need to code during sane hours of the day but they haven't been available to me :P
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:23 am

Sweet! Can't wait man, Swiss 3 will be epic. Don't kill yourself trying to get this stuff done though. :D
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Ashen, one more try: http://gc-forever.com/wkftest32gb-v3.dol

Thanks again for testing all this stuff :D
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Works perfectly! No problem with the testing, seems a small part after all the work you put in. Thx man!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Excellent. I also fixed IDE-EXI support so I think it's version 0.3 release time ;)
pr0ton

Post by pr0ton » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 am

Wow, find time to wire the WKF and flashed Swiss on it, amazing. Didn't find a tut on how-to flash, but added flash .iso with WBFS, extracted .fzn from the flash .iso. Then started flash .iso from WKF and loaded .fzn (from another FAT32 card in WKF).

No need for WBFS anymore, great. Just a few not so important things:
  • - Settings aren´t load from prepared swiss.ini on WKF FAT card? I know read-only, but thought it wouldn´t matter.
    - When I start WKF-Swiss with no inserted SD-card, I can´t skip the No-SD message. Also can´t exchange SD-cards from WKF in Swiss and then load again with Swiss (hangs on 'init WKF´).
    - Discs swapping is now Swiss style? :)
    - Do WKF settings I set matter after flashing Swiss on it?
DOL-001&DOL-101 <- PAL
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:55 am

I'll implement config loading from read-only devices for 0.4 - had overlooked this ;)

I'm going to work on the no sd in WKF causing infinite loop on init, disc swapping isn't happening yet on the WKF, shouldn't be too hard.

As for the settings on the WKF via the WKF 1.5 menu, I'd keep them as stock as possible (just set your correct region) because I'm not entirely sure if they'd be applied when Swiss launches the ISO.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm

not sure if this has been brought up before....
i know the swiss-ntsc.gcm files have a problem....but is this the same for .fzn?

i kept killing my wkf with ntsc.fzn, then flashed the pal.fzn and now wkf loads swiss as expected
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Yeah the NTSC FZN file must be screwed up too since it's just a embedded GCM inside.
infact

Post by infact » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 pm

yeah, it is all about faked headers and stuff :D
infact
Image Image
tom10122

Post by tom10122 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:40 am

I need this for a 1.0IPL Where can I download it? Or is it just swiss .3?
Kyosho

Post by Kyosho » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:23 am

Hey emu_kidid, did you ever have a look at this? That is, Swiss as initial ISO on Wiikey Fusion in a Wii rather than a Gamecube? You can ignore all the other junk I was trying to do (it was basically my explanation for why I was trying it), just wondering if you ever looked into this issue.
Kyosho wrote:Before I get into this, let me just say that I know that this wiikey flash was not intended for use on the Wii. I just wanted to try it. Also, if you feel this should be in its own thread rather than this one, feel free to move it.

I am building a Wii laptop. It is running system version 4.2u, was softmodded with this guide, and currently has a Wiikey Fusion installed. Prior to this, the wiikey firmware had been updated to 1.5.

As I said, I'm aware this Swiss firmware flash wasn't meant for the Wii but I had an idea. With this firmware, the Wiikey would be running off a FAT32 SD card. Which meant, that SD card could be run from the front Wii slot. The idea was, I could swap the Wiikey's card into the front slot, then use WiiXplorer to copy GC games back and forth from my [eventually integrated] USB hard drive. This seemed like an ideal solution for my laptop, since it would allow a greater number of games available while on the go. With the added compatibility the Wiikey Fusion has over something like Dios Mios Lite (for GC games on Wii).

Well, I tried it. Unfortunately, the Swiss firmware (I used the one from this post) just doesn't seem to work on the Wii. There's some quirks, which I eventually figured out, to getting Swiss to boot at all. But in general, it won't boot games. Here is a link to a somewhat lengthy unlisted video which documents about 50% of the stuff I did tonight (sorry for the quality, it was my cell phone): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btfXCiG85oE

I tried 5 or 6 games and they all produced the "fragmented" error. No games were able to actually boot. I tried defragging my SD card, but Windows wouldn't defrag the actual ISO files. It was an interesting experiment nonetheless. Now I just need to figure out how to reflash the Wiikey. Going to try the recovery image thing.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:41 am

Kyosho wrote:Hey emu_kidid, did you ever have a look at this? That is, Swiss as initial ISO on Wiikey Fusion in a Wii rather than a Gamecube? You can ignore all the other junk I was trying to do (it was basically my explanation for why I was trying it), just wondering if you ever looked into this issue.
i have swiss on flash working on my wii
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Kyosho

Post by Kyosho » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:49 am

As initial ISO? What version are you using? It works properly and boots fragmented Gamecube games?