Streetwalrus's first GameCube

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Streetwalker

Re: Streetwalrus's first GameCube

Post by Streetwalker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 am

I can't help you much more than this. It should behave exactly the same as a real xenogc, so this is what you get. Do try to adjust your pot, that could help a lot.
I'd recommend just burning a Swiss disc and playing your games off of an SD card.
fodder

Post by fodder » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 am
I can't help you much more than this. It should behave exactly the same as a real xenogc, so this is what you get. Do try to adjust your pot, that could help a lot.
I'd recommend just burning a Swiss disc and playing your games off of an SD card.
Alright :)
Thanks again, I've managed to work a lot of stuff out, I made an SD adapter and fixed the sound on that system pretty easily.

Also, out of pure curiosity, I tried building the kernel.img but I replaced XenoShell.bin with iplboot_xeno.bin that was included in the zip you sent, and it seemes to work exactly like XenoShell, maybe there are hidden features but I am not sure what they would be triggered by. Did you have plans to do something with iplboot_xeno? I notice it's a lot larger than XenoShell
Streetwalker

Post by Streetwalker » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm

It's just a build of iplboot, if it actually works then it should load ipl.dol from your SD card without needing to use a homebrew disc (it does need a disc in the drive to work though).
fodder

Post by fodder » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm
It's just a build of iplboot, if it actually works then it should load ipl.dol from your SD card without needing to use a homebrew disc (it does need a disc in the drive to work though).
Ah I see, that sounds like a cool idea. I tried putting swiss on my SD root and renaming it to ipl.dol, didn't seem to load, but that could be something to do with how my stuff is setup up since nothing appears when I hold start (just freezes on a black screen) etc
Streetwalker

Post by Streetwalker » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm

I don't really plan on doing anything with it though, there are better entry points to work on than the drive's debug connector (IPL replacement, ODE).