What modcip works in panasonic q?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by Papy.G » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Maybe your games run well off SD, if this is the case, you won't have to switch discs, just have to backup your games on the SD in a SD Gecko or WiiSD.
I understand now why you want a modchip, but if you can't get one to work, hope the SD backup will do just fine.
Overclocked DMG
AGB/supercard miniSD
DS Fat/NeoMK3 2006 512Mb
DS Lite/flashme V8noautostealth/Supercard miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GBP/WiiSD+Gamexploit
RVL 001/RGB/CMP/WiiSD
runepune
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:04 am
Location: Norway

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by runepune » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 am

Sounds like there is some confusion about if the Qoob and Viper chips work on the Q. I know for a fact that at least Qoob Pro works. Because I've seen it in action.
I was dealing with a guy that were selling his Q a while back. I went over to his place to have a look. And his Q booted into the Qoob menu. It was a Qoob Pro running bios 1.3C.
He popped in a burned regular sized DVD game and it ran flawlessly. Unfortunately we couldn't agree on the price so I ended up buying from another guy some time later.
Marmotta
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:33 am

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by Marmotta » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Qoob SX works fine with the Q, this is one I had back in 2014: https://imgur.com/a/Dj9LRFv
Undead Sega
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by Undead Sega » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 am

Hi guys,

It's been awhile. I was originally on the quest to try and get my Panasonic Qs mod chipped almost 5 years ago, and still haven't been able to, despite wanting to badly.

I can confirm that the XenoGC does not work, I have tried many times, which is unfortunate. However upon stumbling on this (as you can see I still want my Q modded) a new development came to mind.

If it's claimed that the XenoGC can only recognise the 3 drives from standard GameCubes, in theory, if one was to inject the Panasonic drive into the code/bios for it to recognise, will it then work??
User avatar
Papy.G
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am
Location: France, Occitanie
Contact:

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by Papy.G » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:28 am

Maybe this is possible with a WODE or something similar that would take place between the MB and the optical drive.
Overclocked DMG
AGB/supercard miniSD
DS Fat/NeoMK3 2006 512Mb
DS Lite/flashme V8noautostealth/Supercard miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GBP/WiiSD+Gamexploit
RVL 001/RGB/CMP/WiiSD
count.zero
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 pm
Location: Italy

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by count.zero » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 am

Undead Sega wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 am
If it's claimed that the XenoGC can only recognise the 3 drives from standard GameCubes, in theory, if one was to inject the Panasonic drive into the code/bios for it to recognise, will it then work??
Where did you read this claim?
Undead Sega
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by Undead Sega » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:09 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:14 pm
To set the modchip facts straight:

XenoGC only supports patching the 3 standard drive firmwares found in retail GameCubes. The Q is slightly different. You can see in the source of the XenoGC that it supports only the 3 [04, 06, 08]: XenoGC's QLite Main.asm.c

libOGC supports the 3 standard drives and the Q with its patches, meaning Swiss can read backups from the Panasonic Q DVD drive: libOGC's dvd.c
This perhaps?
Undead Sega
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by Undead Sega » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Did I say something wrong?? :(
count.zero
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 pm
Location: Italy

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by count.zero » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 am

Undead Sega wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Did I say something wrong?? :(
Absolutely not. It was a technically perfect comment. I never had a look at those sources and it was very interesting for me. In theory should be possibile to create a Q-compatible update for the Xeno but I'm not a programmer, sadly.

BTW I found a WIP version of the xeno firmware with the possibility of load a .dol from the memory card. Are there udate on that? Does it work?
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4486
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:45 am

count.zero wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 am
BTW I found a WIP version of the xeno firmware with the possibility of load a .dol from the memory card. Are there udate on that? Does it work?
It works mostly but you'll need a disc in the drive anyway so at that point, you might as well load a DVD-R with Swiss or something. It just replaces the Credits menu / Multi-game selector with a expanded version of the multi-game selector with a very crude DOL loader.
Image
count.zero
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 pm
Location: Italy

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by count.zero » Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:45 am
count.zero wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 am
BTW I found a WIP version of the xeno firmware with the possibility of load a .dol from the memory card. Are there udate on that? Does it work?
It works mostly but you'll need a disc in the drive anyway so at that point, you might as well load a DVD-R with Swiss or something. It just replaces the Credits menu / Multi-game selector with a expanded version of the multi-game selector with a very crude DOL loader.
If it works with a printed disk it's still better because the laser is going to be stressed less that reading a dvd-r. It's a great feature! But I assume there is no way to make it work without a disk, am I right?
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4486
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: What modcip works in panasonic q?

Post by emu_kidid » Tue May 21, 2019 6:55 am

count.zero wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 pm
emu_kidid wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:45 am
count.zero wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 am
BTW I found a WIP version of the xeno firmware with the possibility of load a .dol from the memory card. Are there udate on that? Does it work?
It works mostly but you'll need a disc in the drive anyway so at that point, you might as well load a DVD-R with Swiss or something. It just replaces the Credits menu / Multi-game selector with a expanded version of the multi-game selector with a very crude DOL loader.
If it works with a printed disk it's still better because the laser is going to be stressed less that reading a dvd-r. It's a great feature! But I assume there is no way to make it work without a disk, am I right?
Not without a lot more logic + memory on the Xeno. You would need to trick the drive into thinking a disc has been inserted and then return enough data to simulate a homebrew disc. At that point you might as well have written a drive emulator (which 2 people seem to be in the midst of doing now anyway).
Image
Post Reply