I Want To Help! GC Commissions For a Cheaper Price

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Bardicus

I Want To Help! GC Commissions For a Cheaper Price

Post by Bardicus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 pm

What's up community!

Bardicus here!

I have been apart of the community for months now, and have really enjoyed learning and figuring everything out! I'm now finished with my second Gamecube Portable, and Working on a third!

I see people all the time posting where can I get a cheap Portable, and as everyone laughs at them, I think I can help!

I will be accepting Commissions for making your Gamecube Portable, and at a decent rate! I have no problem making these for you, as long as you hold up your end of the bargain! I love building these things, and they are about the coolest thing ive ever dealt with!

Now with that said, My prices would be (Depending on your Demands)

Here are some photos of my work

as well as the link for my prototype GCP!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1237 (This is my worklog!)

This portable has a built in mem card, as well as sd gecko hard wired, with wkf running swiss with autoboot! Using zenloc thin fan/heatsink for the replacement heatsink, wkf is programmed for ntfs; as well as sd gecko! Very quiet unit, and comfortable!

http://youtu.be/j8MzE-_ExFE (THIS IS THE VIDEO OF MY GCP, IT HAS GAMECUBE,SNES,NES,NEO,SEGA,PS1. Over 10,000 Games! This was just a sample of Sonic! One Of my faves! You can talk to any of my previous partners like mega, and gman! Never have I failed to pay, or not be dedicated to my work!

This red beauty will be comforting as the controller itself and will be a gem compared to my first project!!! It will Have the same specs as well as the black one just a slimmer design, with built in wkf swiss autoboot, as well as hard wired sd gecko! the triggers will be just as comfortable as if you were holding a controller itself!!! Just have to get the hardware inside and will be ready to go!!!

I use only high end parts, and take pride in my work! Im just done making them for myself and want to be able to get people a fun toy for a reasonable price!!!

I will make your portable anywhere from 350.00$ Up To 650$

350.00$ - 650.00$ Not the thousands that people charge! I was looking for one and ended up spending all the time to figure out how to make them, and if your interested I would love to work with you!

Im always available either through the forums or through email!

If anyone out there is interested, all you got to do is PM me or leave a comment!

I Look forward to helping all you Gamecube Portable Lovers out there!!!

---Bardicus (Cheers)
Attachments
New2_zpsc222bc33.jpg
(88.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
New1_zps96a71b1e.jpg
(100.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
New_zps0d697cc8.jpg
(93.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
1367637182_zps9ac44a90.jpg
(108.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
1367637177_zps3b9df309.jpg
(95.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Bardicus on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Diminuendo

Re: I Want To Help! GC Commissions For a Cheaper Price

Post by Diminuendo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:55 am

Ok, first off you do not need to (and should not) make duplicate topics.

Second there has been no display of your work in this thread so people don't even know what they are getting for their $650.
Bardicus

Post by Bardicus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:02 am

Thank you for the advice sir!

My posts are on the thread just, My apologies for the inconvenience on a double post as I'am a portable maker, not Forum Master! :)
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 am

I have deleted the other topic, thanks
Bardicus

Post by Bardicus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 am

A 350$ portable is sd gecko wkf and a great case made! Everyone charges way to much on here and I just want to help people get started and 1000 dollars is just a bit pricey for most!
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:13 pm

AC_Orange wrote:I have deleted the other topic, thanks
haha i was just about to delete this one :D
Bardicus wrote:A 350$ portable is sd gecko wkf and a great case made! Everyone charges way to much on here and I just want to help people get started and 1000 dollars is just a bit pricey for most!
hey, it's okay that you're offering to make portables here, but please take that rough edge out of your advertisement. it's like FUCK YOU ALL I'M THE BEST.
everybody can charge what they want and need and if you don't like it, well, then don't buy it.

thanks.
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 pm

liquitt wrote:everybody can charge what they want
That's what he's doing.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:57 pm

HomelandReloaded wrote:
liquitt wrote:everybody can charge what they want
That's what he's doing.
i know, thank you.
his attitude on it could be better though...

HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Yeah I see how it could be taken as a criticism.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:53 pm

I love it when these threads pop up, so I'll break it all down for everyone for the umpteenth million time. This is not an attack on the OP. As hads been said he can charge what he likes. But I hate it when people think the price most modders ask is ridiculous. So, here are the basic costs you will incur while building a GCp. I've given a range of price for low end components to high end components, I have not however included the shipping cost of any of this stuff becuase chipping can vary from free to whatever, so account for some shipping costs on stuff also:

GameCube: $20-30
Controller: $10-15
Wiikey Fusion + FFC adapter: $30-60
Case + case making Supply's: $30-$40
Screen: $30-$100
128mb Memorycard: $10-15
Audio Amp + Speakers: $10-15
Custom regulator: Free-$40
Li-Ion/Poly Batteries: $50-70
Smart Charger $30
A/C adapter: $10-20
Various Switches, small components, etc: $10-20
Fan(s): $5-$10
Soldering supplies, wire, etc: $10-15
Shipping to commissioner: $25-100

As you can see, even if you go with the low end of everything its still going to cost you almost $300 to just get all the stuff you need to put a portable together. This is also assuming you will not kill/fry anything in the process. The higher end of the spectrum for parts can be upwards of $500 just for the supplies you need to get started.

So, if you can build and sell portables GameCubes for $350 on commission. My hats off to you.
Bardicus

Post by Bardicus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm not trying to disrespect the master modders out there. There the reason I started all this. But I see a lot of people post for example "can someone build me a portable for say 300-400 bucks" and usually everyone just talks smack to them like yeah right get out of here, I just wanted to give people an option that you know that can't afford the masters but if it looks decent plays the games you require, than why not?

If the admins want to ban me or delete my post that's okay,

I merely just wanted to give people the option . It cost me almost a thousand to make mine with getting wrong parts or ordering extra parts, so I have tons of extra parts, like I said no dis respect to the masters, hell if had 1000 sitting around it would go straight to you guys for the work that you do!!!

Sorry for the mis communication on the point I was trying to get across.
And liq, sorry if I offended you brother were all in this together man, I'm not looking to make huge profits or anything like that, I have a new born baby girl, wife, and pretty much building these things is my "guy thing to do" lol!
Thanks
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:57 pm

you didn't offend me - i'm not modding and selling GCp's over here, but as ashen said, saying that modders charge too much isn't cool buddy.
maybe english is not your first language and something got lost in translation or whatever and i don't care anymore, since you explained yourself.
it's all good now, man. nobody's getting banned for stuff like that - we can still talk to each other right? just don't start posting rolex ads haha

Bardicus

Post by Bardicus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah we're good man, I didn't mean to throw you guys under. But I'm gonna keep building and building and building regardless! I'm not about the money the portables just intrigue me.
ShockSlayer

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 pm

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11829

Worth a read before you trust this guy
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 am

so why was that thread locked??
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
SNEAKxxATTACK

Post by SNEAKxxATTACK » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:45 am

OP started to get aggressive with gman, then to others who were taking gman's side.

Makes a little sense that he got angry when quite a few people were criticizing him at once.
But I believe it was an overreaction. Because in the end, he is accepting people's money for casework (no offense to the OP) that seemed to me was shoddy at best, if I accepted casework like that on my portable I'm making, I'd be done by now.
Bardicus

Post by Bardicus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:31 am

Yeah, it was an over reaction, but I think I'm gonna retire lol.

I have so many dalian screens and parts and wkf and sd geckos and stuff. If anyone wants them let me know
tanner.soddy

Post by tanner.soddy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:40 am

I was wondering if you would still be willing to make a portable?

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk