My first GCp

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Duhasst0

Re: My first GCp

Post by Duhasst0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 am

Ok so just a quick update, I drilled the holes for the speakers grills, kinda messed up the finish, then fixed the finish. I added some ghost writing in it with a different black. I also etched my first pcb for the buttons on my amp. I will be soldering my smd tacts when I get the sharpie off the board. Test it, put the finishing touches on it and we can call it a portable game cube.
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:20 am

Like I said crappy first attempt, but I still haven't removed the sharpie from it and I have a couple holes to drill. I made some of it the way I did so that I could drill and be sure of contact. I may do another one down the road. Anyway, more to come hopefully tomorrow I can find time to finish.
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:29 pm

So I'm calling this project done. All parts work, even if there are some bugs in them (the L and R buttons). Even tho I did a great job on the case paint and dev wise it just won't squeeze together. Then I started having issues with my sd card saying it was fragmented. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!!!! I just so happen not to have a working sd card reader.
Not sure why my laptop decided that sd cards are evil or why the one I bought, long time ago, sees my cards as locked if they aren't. So I have to format it anyway.

I'm not worried about a title portablizer, I am going for a complete case redo.

For those interested, that horribly done pcb I made works like a charm turns out on and off and volume up and down. Anyway, I'm thinking about either getting a zn 40/45 but because these cases are so over used by the scene I feel that I need to really think about this one. And get totally crazy with this.
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:44 am

So new case is under construction. I think it will look great and feel great.
No pics for now, 2 reasons, 1: for some reason the version of tapatalk expired and I must pay for it and I really can't at the moment, and 2: cause I just want to focus on the project.

Pics as I close her up...
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Got the epoxy and first pass of bondo on the front done. Need to drill holes for the buttons on the amp.

Work on the back is nearly done, I need to place an external memory card port. Need to drill out the hole for power, unfortunately I have no room for batteries.

Changed over to a rev c board for this one. I will be using an original heatsink trimmed to fit.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 pm

looking good, I think the progress updates are a good way to keep yourself motivated .. I should start doing the same!
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:46 am

You should take your advice on that man. What are you working on that you need some motivation?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am

everything :P
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:17 am

Well emu....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLh6asX ... ata_player get motivated

Back on topic lol, worked on the back side of the case today. Need to bondo but got a head ache from the parade that came thru, right by the house. While I was working might I add. It's about time to start putting things where they go. Then take it all out for paint, put it back together. This is going to be awesome.
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:17 am

I should be able to get some pics up soon, but I still want to just post after I get finished with this cube. I have some problems but I have solutions too. I'll have something soon. Just have to cut somethings make sure they fit right. Then it's all technical shit.
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:08 am

I have already finished sanding this and the bondo work should be done. No primer yet, so I am uncertain if the bondo is even done. But it feels like it is. Next step, making those edges sharp with a file. Then wire up this beast. Tear down for paint and double check the thickness.
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:03 am

Well started to prep my 3ds sticks for the analogs. Next is cutting some things up, plus I am cutting up a board to do some tests with. I haven't trimmed a motherboard so here goes nothing. As far as I know this board is dead. Maybe I will be lucky and I didn't have something wired up right.

I have a memory card slot cut up that doesn't have any pins in it for size and placement/fitment. I have one wired that must be cut up still. I have to pull some ports on the motherboard. Plus I want to rework a wkf I have first so I don't have to desolder the other one. I have some plans for that.

ImageImage