minGC Controller Board

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
|RDC|

Re: minGC Controller Board

Post by |RDC| » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:04 am

Honestly, I've no real idea since I didn't build and test it out here or know how you have it wired up there, so it could be anything. Make sure all of the Analog functions are wired up, Left Stick, Right Stick, and Slide Left/Right. Since they are Analog and not Digital like a button, any of those left 'floating' can cause all kinds of weirdo issues. Also make sure that another untouched controller works in place of the miniGC, to eliminate something else being the issue. The controller runs on the 3.43v (3.3v) source, the 5v is only for the Rumble, so if it was powered from a 5v source instead I could see it working for a bit and then dying, but again, no idea how you have it wired up there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:01 pm

|RDC| wrote:Honestly, I've no real idea since I didn't build and test it out here or know how you have it wired up there, so it could be anything. Make sure all of the Analog functions are wired up, Left Stick, Right Stick, and Slide Left/Right. Since they are Analog and not Digital like a button, any of those left 'floating' can cause all kinds of weirdo issues. Also make sure that another untouched controller works in place of the miniGC, to eliminate something else being the issue. The controller runs on the 3.43v (3.3v) source, the 5v is only for the Rumble, so if it was powered from a 5v source instead I could see it working for a bit and then dying, but again, no idea how you have it wired up there.
I had it hooked up to the original plug so yes I did have 5v hooked up and 3.34 as well but I also had the rumble motor hooked up as well so that shouldn't be a problem right. So that will kill the board permanently or should I just hook every button and analog stick then try again. To give you a idea I have it hooked up much like your prototype with the original plug except no black shielding wire
|RDC|

Post by |RDC| » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:02 pm

My prototype has the Sticks and Slides wired up, so no Analog functions are left to float.

I meant if you powered the main 3.43v spot with 5v, that would most likely kill it.

If you have everything wired up correctly then I've no idea what the issue is. The MCU could have been damaged when you swapped it over from the heat, there could be a bad solder joint hiding on there someplace, some other component could have gone out of spec when it was swapped, the cord could have an intermittent issue, even the PCB could have a bad via or the GC could have the issue, and I could go on and on. You have the first one that has had an issue, so it's troubleshooting time.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:36 pm

I got it working. I hooked everything up but not the rumble motor and no 5v line and it's fine thank you
|RDC|

Post by |RDC| » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:35 am

The Rumble and 5v have nothing to do with how the controller works, so if you didn't have the Slides wired up before, but do now, then reconnecting the Rumble and 5v should be fine and the Slides were causing the issue.
naimlessone

Post by naimlessone » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:58 am

Are these still available for purchase? If so, I may be interested in 2-3 of the blank ones.
|RDC|

Post by |RDC| » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Yes they are.
GamecubeNick

Post by GamecubeNick » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:15 pm

do you still have some of these boards?
|RDC|

Post by |RDC| » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:10 pm

I do have 2 blank boards here currently, and I can always have more of those made up.

I don't have any fully built ones on hand.
RodneyMcKay

Post by RodneyMcKay » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:49 pm

I know I'm a little late to the party, but i recently started building a Gamecube Portable and i wanted to ask if there are any boards left.
Simon Paasch

Post by Simon Paasch » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:48 pm

Hello everyone
Last edited by Simon Paasch on Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon Paasch

Post by Simon Paasch » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:52 pm

beautiful good day!
Are these still available to buy? If so, I'm interested in two of the blank copies.
I would be very happy if so.