WODE "Cold" Boot Problem

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
hans_xx

WODE "Cold" Boot Problem

Post by hans_xx » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi,

first of all i want to thank everyone who made these nice tutorials how to mod a gamecube!

I finally got a wode working inside my GC, but each time i am starting my GC after it was switched off for a while i get the error which comes up when no dvd drive is connected.

If i switch him on let him boot and then off for about 5 times it runs fine. Another possibility is to start the GC, let the error message show up, wait a few minutes, start it again and it works.

Once the GC runs fine and i switch him off and on again it starts without the error message.

Does anyone know how to get that fixed?

Thanks for your help!

I´ve attached a few pics of my GC ;-)
DSC_0281.JPG
(297.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0282.JPG
(257.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0284.JPG
(269.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0288.JPG
(124.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSC_0292.JPG
(136.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ashen

Re: WODE "Cold" Boot Problem

Post by Ashen » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:43 pm

I had some similar problems back when I did a mod with the WODE chip. Unfortunately what it amounted to for me was that my WODE's chip was "faulty". Faulty in the sense that the FPGA chip runs slower than it should, yet it still functions 100% on a Wii... just not with the gamecube. My workaround for this was to flash a much lower firmware, which "booted" faster than the later firmwares on my WODE. I forget which version I flashed now, but my WODE worked fine with my GC every boot after reflashing to the lower FW.

Nice soldering btw. :D
hans_xx

Re: WODE "Cold" Boot Problem

Post by hans_xx » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi,

thanks for the answer, well i tried FW 1.28 and 2.8,... i will try it with older firmwares too now!

thx & regards