Make Your Own Component Cable?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
andre104623

Make Your Own Component Cable?

Post by andre104623 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Ok so after much fooling around with my cube I choose to put my unmodded DOL-001 to some use. I modded my DOL-101 and been having some problems with it I love the silver color of it so why not put the DOL-001 in the silver case! Well I thought it would be a walk in the park but I didn't notice that nintendo changed a lot of shit but it wasn't that bad everything works fine now I have an silver DOL-001 cool (with a DOL-101 drive but whatever). So now I have the component output really cool but there is no way in hell Im paying 190 dollars for it. So is the any way to make my own Im great at soldering.
iamdablasta

Re: Make Your Own Component Cable?

Post by iamdablasta » Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 pm

andre104623 wrote:Ok so after much fooling around with my cube I choose to put my unmodded DOL-001 to some use. I modded my DOL-101 and been having some problems with it I love the silver color of it so why not put the DOL-001 in the silver case! Well I thought it would be a walk in the park but I didn't notice that nintendo changed a lot of shit but it wasn't that bad everything works fine now I have an silver DOL-001 cool (with a DOL-101 drive but whatever). So now I have the component output really cool but there is no way in hell Im paying 190 dollars for it. So is the any way to make my own Im great at soldering.
You need more than soldering here, my friend.
There is a proprietary chip inside the component cable that is seemingly impossible to acquire (and most saying they have them have something similar, but not the same apparently).

If you look more at the forums you will find quite a few threads about this topic, as a diy component cable is something we all want.
the game
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:05 pm

iamdablasta wrote:
andre104623 wrote:Ok so after much fooling around with my cube I choose to put my unmodded DOL-001 to some use. I modded my DOL-101 and been having some problems with it I love the silver color of it so why not put the DOL-001 in the silver case! Well I thought it would be a walk in the park but I didn't notice that nintendo changed a lot of shit but it wasn't that bad everything works fine now I have an silver DOL-001 cool (with a DOL-101 drive but whatever). So now I have the component output really cool but there is no way in hell Im paying 190 dollars for it. So is the any way to make my own Im great at soldering.
You need more than soldering here, my friend.
There is a proprietary chip inside the component cable that is seemingly impossible to acquire (and most saying they have them have something similar, but not the same apparently).

If you look more at the forums you will find quite a few threads about this topic, as a diy component cable is something we all want.
Thanks for the info would really be nice to have one maybe one day...
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed May 28, 2014 9:10 pm

FYI, there is a "low price" cable currently for sale here in the market place..
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image