Gamecube won't power on! Bought from Badassconsoles.com

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
prabhjot98

Re: Gamecube won't power on! Bought from Badassconsoles.com

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:14 am

APE992 wrote:
prabhjot98 wrote:The PayPal dispute took time to process. If you want an apology then I am sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding caused by my actions and stupidity. To be honest I thought I was the one being scammed because my gamecube worked for a day then just shut down and know that I know what the problem is I am regreting my decision to open that paypal dispute. I hope you forgive me.
Because megaloman would deliberately build a cube that would arrive functional and break just for the small amount you paid for it.

By comparison defrauding people gets your name posted across the 7 ISPs. Some of us (such as myself) have weight across many forums.
Hey, I was new to this GameCube modding idea and it scared the shit out of me that my cube just stopped working. Like I said before, I am sorry.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:49 am

so you actually think i spent time to design multiple PCB versions to give you a choice with the option to have it soldered and tested on a mainboard of your choosing so it would arrive in a functional condition only to have a time lapsed failure on a fuse to a power supply...
this is how i scam you?
by knowing the expected failure of a power supply fuse?
your timestamp of events dont hold true to support your story about opening the dispute before you fixed the fuse...
i am under the firm belief you intended to gain money back from your previous failed modding attempts

remember back in march when you ordered a WASP??
you informed me i shipped to the wrong address....
i shipped to your VERIFIED PAYPAL ADDRESS....

you understand what a verified address is? an address linked to your credit card
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/?cmd=p/p ... ut-outside

so i shipped to your verified address and you claim it was the wrong address....then you claim you had no way to see your confirmed paypal address (which can be found in your paypal profile). then you changed your confirmed address and ordered again...i felt this was very strange...

I assume you had issues trying to connect your wasp to your GC because later in july you ordered a V5. I gave you the benefit of doubt about being a scammer and decided to completed your order. I assume you killed your board during the install because then in august you ordered a mainboard with V5 installed...

in my belief i think you are trying to get back money you lost in your failed modding attempts
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:14 am

The first address that I sent it to was my parents house and unknowingly they threw the package away because the label didn't have my name on it, it had the company name on it. I bought my second wasp and made sure I changed the address and sure enough I received it. As for my failed modding attempt it is true I messed up my V5 by applying to much heat to the mono and burning off one of the v5 to GC pin.
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:17 am

If you want proof of my gc not working I have a video I made as proof of it not working and I am more than willing to post it as evidence that my gc's fuse was blown
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 am

that sure is some bullshit sob story...
but every story has an end and guess what buddy...

you are now under fraud review by paypal based on previous history of claims / disputes...
sorry about your damn luck..
bye bye
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:19 am

megalomaniac wrote:that sure is some bullshit sob story...
but every story has an end and guess what buddy...

you are now under fraud review by paypal based on previous history of claims / disputes...
sorry about your damn luck..
bye bye
And you hope to get my PayPal closed by accoplishing this? I have a good PayPal history an attempting to frame me won't work. I don't understand why yourwon't believe me but what the heck. What I have said is true and right now you are just being too paranoid about my actions. Good riddance
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:31 am

attempt to frame?
you really think its possible to frame anyone thru paypal?
i have no access to your paypal history, and like any other financial institution, paypay will not disclose any information
i just made a simple call to paypal to report my suspicions...

here is a quick transcript of the phone conversation with paypal:
(not exact, but the conversation went something like this)

me:
hi i would like to report possible suspicious activity on a dispute recently filed. I spoke to paypal this morning and i was informed the dispute would be closed since paypal could not reach the buyer.
My concern is the buyer indicated multiple times the issue was resolved and just recently stated within about the last hour or so that he would contact paypal to close a dispute which was already under review to be closed. There is a timeline of events stated from the buyer posted on the forums which do not add up and this really seems suspecious. My understanding is paypal will count this as a loss and pay out a refund on this dispute. So with this, my concern is this dispute having to be payed out as a loss by paypal.

I dont know if you have access to records from back in march when i called in to report some suspected suspicious activity but this was the same guy back then that i had called about. He claimed i shipped to a wrong address which was his verified paypal address. I had called in to ensure if i was covered under seller protection since it was a confirmed address. then he changed the address and made a second order. Now with the latest events leading up to the dispute i feel he may be trying to take advantage of the dispute process"

rep:
"thank you for calling in your concern. When it comes to matters like this there would be a review process involved on my end to determine if there is any suspected fraud. I do see back in march where you called in your concerns. "

me:
"right, back in march i felt it very odd that he would indicate his confirmed shipping was wrong and now he indicates it was his parents home and they threw the package away. Then he said something about not knowing how to check his shipping address. I just got a feeling about this guy based on past and current dealings and thought i should inform paypal of my suspecious."

rep:
"thank you for reaching out to inform us of your concerns. There is a review process to determine if there is any possible fraud. i will look over his account but there is only so much i can
oh wow!!
yea i appreciate you bringing this to our attention"

me:
"oh wow??
that bad eh?"

crickets:
chirp....chirp....chirp

rep:
"yea, um, yea i think there is more that enough. Im gonna go ahead and submit this to fraud review right now. I really thank you for bringing this to our attention"

you should have listened to my advice from the previous post
megalomaniac wrote:prabhjot98, tried calling with no answer..
dispute is currently under review and in process of being closed...
my advice: take the money and run...
you should have stopped while you were ahead...now you are in for a big surprise..
do the math and add up the total cost of items you fraudulently disputed and won.
paypal will be taking their money back from your all your fraudulent activities...

if you dont have the total amount of funds in your paypal account to cover the total fraud payback, dont worry, paypal will simply do a reverse bank transaction and pull the remainder directly from your bank account...
if you dont have enough in your bank account to cover the reverse transaction, then once again dont worry, the bank will simply hold you with a negative balance and just charge a simple overdraft fee...

btw, tomorrow is also the first of the month!!
friendly reminder: if you have any autodrafts or anything due in the next few days then you might want to prepare yourself for any declined transactions or additional negative balance status along with more potential overdraft fees..

Image Image Image
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 am

You assuming that I have 'scamed 'other but in fact this is the first time I have run into an issue with anther PayPal user. And as for the surprise, it's as full of bs as your story with the papal rep. I no longer want to be affiliated with you and your paranoia. I respect your engineering skills but what you are attempting to do won't work on me.
werejag

Post by werejag » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 am

wow that is a record of scamming.

so let me get this straight he has extra hardware and extra money and this scammer is calling you a conspiracy nut?
baldjared

Post by baldjared » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am

prabhjot98 wrote:The first address that I sent it to was my parents house and unknowingly they threw the package away because the label didn't have my name on it, it had the company name on it.
That's the greatest thing I've ever heard, man when mail gets improperly delivered to me I always throw it out instead of calling my son and asking him if it's possibly his or calling the courier so they can take it back and figure it out or return to sender, but I hate people and if I had a kid I'd certainly hate him/her too, so it just seems like the right thing to do.

No one does that, so hilariously unbelievable, anybody who would do that would just have to be incredibly selfish, so way to make your parents look bad, good thing no one actually believes that story.
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:23 pm

baldjared wrote:
prabhjot98 wrote:The first address that I sent it to was my parents house and unknowingly they threw the package away because the label didn't have my name on it, it had the company name on it.
That's the greatest thing I've ever heard, man when mail gets improperly delivered to me I always throw it out instead of calling my son and asking him if it's possibly his or calling the courier so they can take it back and figure it out or return to sender, but I hate people and if I had a kid I'd certainly hate him/her too, so it just seems like the right thing to do.

No one does that, so hilariously unbelievable, anybody who would do that would just have to be incredibly selfish, so way to make your parents look bad, good thing no one actually believes that story.
The package didn't have my name on it and I'm sure Mr.Megalomaniac has a copy of the label he printed out.
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Also there is NO way I could have scammed Mega by opening a dispute. If the dispute worked, which it didn't because I asked to a Paypal employee to close the case, then I would have to have to return the broken GameCube to him first to then receive my refund. So tell me how am I scamming Mega? The answer is I'm not and I can't.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:59 pm

prabhjot98 wrote:Also there is NO way I could have scammed Mega by opening a dispute. If the dispute worked, which it didn't because I asked to a Paypal employee to close the case, then I would have to have to return the broken GameCube to him first to then receive my refund. So tell me how am I scamming Mega? The answer is I'm not and I can't.
Well you wouldn't have to return the first one that never arrived if that was the case.
And reading through mega's post I really really cannot disagree with him. He has a solid case, and you have no defense at all.
the game
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:15 pm

iamdablasta wrote:
prabhjot98 wrote:Also there is NO way I could have scammed Mega by opening a dispute. If the dispute worked, which it didn't because I asked to a Paypal employee to close the case, then I would have to have to return the broken GameCube to him first to then receive my refund. So tell me how am I scamming Mega? The answer is I'm not and I can't.
Well you wouldn't have to return the first one that never arrived if that was the case.
And reading through mega's post I really really cannot disagree with him. He has a solid case, and you have no defense at all.
I'm sorry but return what?
baldjared

Post by baldjared » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:25 pm

prabhjot98 wrote:
baldjared wrote:

The package didn't have my name on it and I'm sure Mr.Megalomaniac has a copy of the label he printed out.
That's fine, even if that were true I would still call my kid, just to be sure, throwing it out is an insane reaction to a box that gets delivered to you that isn't properly labeled. I don't know any parents that wouldn't give their kid a call first, or leave it sitting on the table and ask the kids when they come by next. Even if it's true it makes your parents look like real lazy selfish people, somebody paid for the content of that package and somebody somewhere is going to be very unhappy that it was thrown out.

Take it up with your parents, they owe you the money, or blame yourself for not changing the verified address when you moved. Mega was way too nice in this whole thing and he comes off smelling like roses, you and/or your family are entirely wrong.
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm

baldjared wrote:
That's fine, even if that were true I would still call my kid, just to be sure, throwing it out is an insane reaction to a box that gets delivered to you that isn't properly labeled. I don't know any parents that wouldn't give their kid a call first, or leave it sitting on the table and ask the kids when they come by next. Even if it's true it makes your parents look like real lazy selfish people, somebody paid for the content of that package and somebody somewhere is going to be very unhappy that it was thrown out.

Take it up with your parents, they owe you the money, or blame yourself for not changing the verified address when you moved. Mega was way too nice in this whole thing and he comes off smelling like roses, you and/or your family are entirely wrong.
Your completely misunderstanding, that was an event that occurred in May and I bought another wasp from him later sent to my address. That was a mistake caused by me and I'm not blaming it on anyone. Right now the dispute is that my GC wouldn't power on so I opened a PayPal dispute and the next day I talked to PayPal and told them to close it because I had fixed the problem. Mega here thinks I scammed him but I'm not and neither mega or PayPal is giving me a refund because I told PayPal it was a misunderstanding and the case should be closed.
baldjared

Post by baldjared » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:03 pm

prabhjot98 wrote:Your completely misunderstanding, that was an event that occurred in May and I bought another wasp from him later sent to my address. That was a mistake caused by me and I'm not blaming it on anyone. Right now the dispute is that my GC wouldn't power on so I opened a PayPal dispute and the next day I talked to PayPal and told them to close it because I had fixed the problem. Mega here thinks I scammed him but I'm not and neither mega or PayPal is giving me a refund because I told PayPal it was a misunderstanding and the case should be closed.
No, I get that, the explanation of the first wasp is unbelievable at best and the part that entertains me the most, so it's the part I commented on. The second part you raised a dispute with a hugely reputable seller on a ridiculous basis without properly following directions and inconvenienced him, which even if there was absolutely no scamming involved is at best just a waste of his time, a waste of paypal's time and a waste of your time, maybe the modding scene isn't for you if you can't properly jump a fuse.
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:31 pm

baldjared wrote:
prabhjot98 wrote:Your completely misunderstanding, that was an event that occurred in May and I bought another wasp from him later sent to my address. That was a mistake caused by me and I'm not blaming it on anyone. Right now the dispute is that my GC wouldn't power on so I opened a PayPal dispute and the next day I talked to PayPal and told them to close it because I had fixed the problem. Mega here thinks I scammed him but I'm not and neither mega or PayPal is giving me a refund because I told PayPal it was a misunderstanding and the case should be closed.
No, I get that, the explanation of the first wasp is unbelievable at best and the part that entertains me the most, so it's the part I commented on. The second part you raised a dispute with a hugely reputable seller on a ridiculous basis without properly following directions and inconvenienced him, which even if there was absolutely no scamming involved is at best just a waste of his time, a waste of paypal's time and a waste of your time, maybe the modding scene isn't for you if you can't properly jump a fuse.
What do you want me to do now, apologize for wasting everyone's time? If so I've already done that. I'm just trying to prove that this entire thing was my mistake and I didn't mean to waste anyone's time and I sure the hell wasn't scamming anyone.
torturelabs

Post by torturelabs » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:01 am

Well, this escalated quickly...
Even though I have never been in a dispute with paypal, I have in fact added aliases and therefore have not received my packages because of my stupidity in the past.
I would have to say part of me agrees with prabhjot98, but mostly Mega's proof kinda digs holes in his argument.
Although... NOW, I do call people beforehand to let them know a package for Mr.Digglet/Kim Jung/John K./etc will be arriving.
It's either a really articulate scam or a massive 'duck-up' on his end.

On the other hand, good to know the GCs are functional.
Otherwise I wouldn't plan that $1000 DOL-101 buyout. lol

Yes, I do realize this is an old thread.
UPDATE Mega?
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:07 pm

prabhjot98 wrote:
iamdablasta wrote:
I mean the package that "never arrived".
the game
prabhjot98

Post by prabhjot98 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:20 pm

iamdablasta wrote:
prabhjot98 wrote:
iamdablasta wrote: Well you wouldn't have to return the first one that never arrived if that was the case.
I mean the package that "never arrived".
All packages arrived on time.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 pm

prabhjot98 wrote:
iamdablasta wrote:
prabhjot98 wrote: I mean the package that "never arrived".
All packages arrived on time.
What about the package your parents threw out?
I'm sorry I don't mean to pick sides, but it looks to me like you're just digging your own grave.
the game
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:15 am