How I learned that megalomaniac is a fucking asshole!

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
vonfnas

How I learned that megalomaniac is a fucking asshole!

Post by vonfnas » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:06 am

So!

SIX months ago I ordered a MEGAdrive v3 from badassconsoles.
megalomaniac was very helpful and told me how to set it up, and I'm pretty sure that he told me specific bit I need to do to make it work on my PAL console, but I could be wrong and I'm not ashamed of admitting that.
His website stated that orders could take upto 2 weeks to complete.
I WAITED SIX MONTHS!!! DID I EVER COMPLAIN TO YOU, MEGALOMANIAC?!

When it finally arrived yesterday, my notes from megalomaniac which I had saved in a simple text file six months ago was deleted when my HDD died on me a few months back.
So I natuarlly tried to contact him on IRC, which is where I spoke to him earlier before I ordered the PCB.

But instead of again giving me the instructions he was nice enough to give me before I ordered, he just acts like an asshole, calls me an idiot and I didn't give me any support at all.
Granted, his website states that he won't give any support, but it also stated that the order could take up to 2 weeks to complete, and not six moths.
novenary

Re: How I learned that megalomaniac is a fucking asshole!

Post by novenary » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:54 am

So!

If you were following at least mega's twitter you would have known that all orders were held back because he rebuilt his lab. It's not like he wasn't transparent about that. You didn't complain ? Then what's this post ?

I tried to help you on IRC yesterday. I gave you the info you needed and told you it was all documented on the forum and the wiki. But you couldn't even be bothered to go read a few pages. It's extremely annoying to see people asking the same questions over and over when everything is already documented. Especially when said people almost ignore you answers.

I don't think insulting mega publicly will do you any good, actually it makes you look like a jerk and will make people less likely to want to help you. You should be thankful to him for putting all the work he did into the megadrive which is without a doubt a great product and contribution to the community.
Now take that pricky attitude of yours elsewhere, it's not welcome here.
vonfnas

Post by vonfnas » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:12 am

Streetwalker wrote:So!

If you were following at least mega's twitter you would have known that all orders were held back because he rebuilt his lab. It's not like he wasn't transparent about that. You didn't complain ? Then what's this post ?

I tried to help you on IRC yesterday. I gave you the info you needed and told you it was all documented on the forum and the wiki. But you couldn't even be bothered to go read a few pages. It's extremely annoying to see people asking the same questions over and over when everything is already documented. Especially when said people almost ignore you answers.

I don't think insulting mega publicly will do you any good, actually it makes you look like a jerk and will make people less likely to want to help you. You should be thankful to him for putting all the work he did into the megadrive which is without a doubt a great product and contribution to the community.
Now take that pricky attitude of yours elsewhere, it's not welcome here.
WTF?!
I'm not complaining about the six moths delivery.
I'm complaining about the fact that he was very helpful BEFORE I placed my order. And now that I need his help when I recieved it, he calls me an idiot. And that makes me the jerk? How?

EDIT: It's not very professional of him to treat his customers this way. What good is a product if he ever gets problems selling it because of his attitude towards customers?
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:59 am

The delivery time wasn't my only point. You're still complaining even though I tried to help you. All of your questions are extensively documented, we told you they were, and you keep asking. If you can't read the manual it's not our fault.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Sure I can be an asshole at times, but have I been in direct contact with you recently?

Have I received a message from you and responded to you in a manor by calling you an idiot??

If you seek assistance, try email or even forum post...seeking assistance on IRC when I'm not available is hardly any way to hold me at fault as refusing to support...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
vonfnas

Post by vonfnas » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Well, I solved it myself and everything is working. Not bad for an idiot I must say.
I panicked when I realised that all the textfiles I had saved where you explained what I needed to do in order to make sure it would work was gone. For some reason I believed you had told me that I would have to soder in a specific way to make it work on my PAL-machine, but I know now that I had perceived that part totally wrong now after searching the forums for some time.
Naturally I checked IRC, where is where I spoke to you before ordering.
And this is how you answered:
megaloman: WTF? a special way for PAL?
this gives me an idea
i should add an option on the webstore for MEGAdrive V3
option: Braindead stupid setup 50$
make people pay to be stupid or make em read and learn
If that's not being an asshole, then I must be an idiot.

But as I said, everything is solved and all is now good.
Even though I still believe that that is no way to treat a customer, even if they are an idiot.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:51 pm

This thread makes me smile. Solved. Locked.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:14 pm

i know ashen locked this thread but i never really had a chance to properly respond since i was at work during the course of this thread...
i would just like to add two quick things into this thread....

1. if a chat log is to be posted, post the proper information and do not post the information out of context

yes i was referring to someone who was having issues with V3...but not you, vonfnas
you simply reminded me of this other guy...after 35 email communications he still could not understand how to get his V3 working...
35 emails....im sure that shows my willingness to help while still being annoyed...but still willing to help...

Code: Select all

[[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [12:43:56 PM] <vonfnas>	YOHOO! Anyone here :D
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [12:43:59 PM] <vonfnas>	?
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [12:45:10 PM] <FIX94>	remember this is IRC so 99% of the time its silence
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [12:46:05 PM] <vonfnas>	;) Just wondering if I could get some support regarding my MEGAdrive v3? :)
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [01:09:09 PM] <vonfnas>	Can't find ANY info on what I need to join on the PCB to make it work on my PAL Gamecube :(
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [03:27:49 PM] <Streetwal>	vonfnas everything is documented on the forums, you need a lid switch and a pin 29 switch
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [03:28:10 PM] <Streetwal>	either that or close/ground the pads
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:05:11 PM] <vonfnas>	Streetwal, like this? http://i.ytimg.com/vi/xXKAUT4jyOA/maxresdefault.jpg
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:05:36 PM] <Streetwal>	yeah
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:05:55 PM] <Streetwal>	look up what these do to be sure you don't need a switch on them
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:06:45 PM] <vonfnas>	I'm such a noob, what do you mean by a switch? Dx
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:07:35 PM] <Streetwal>	I mean a physical switch
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:07:43 PM] <Streetwal>	on/off
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:08:26 PM] <Streetwal>	pin29 switch has some rare use cases in particular when you need to recover from a wkf brick
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:08:46 PM] <Streetwal>	lid switch is useful for multi-disc games
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:10:46 PM] <vonfnas>	I believe Megalomaniac told me when I ordered my v3 that I would need to solder in a special way for it to work on my PAL-console. But that was 6 months ago... so I'm totally lost... even more so than before because I can't remember anything about any switch :P
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:11:05 PM] <vonfnas>	But it does sound reasonable
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:17:09 PM] <vonfnas>	Now I just feel stupid... I found pictures of people installing switches
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:17:43 PM] <vonfnas>	I never even knew that that would be a requirement
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:17:57 PM] <vonfnas>	or an optional requirement
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:26:16 PM] <|werejag|>	:)
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:27:18 PM] <vonfnas>	anyone know when megalomaniac usually is here?
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:32:56 PM] <Streetwal>	best way to catch him is on the forums
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:33:58 PM] <vonfnas>	Will I not be able to play multi-disc games without a switch?
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:35:02 PM] <Streetwal>	I have no idea how swiss handles it
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:35:19 PM] <Streetwal>	the switch is for disc hotswap tho
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:35:51 PM] <Streetwal>	you can just reboot the gc and boot up the other disc otherwise
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:36:31 PM] <Streetwal>	anyway going to sleep
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:37:00 PM] <Streetwal>	do some research, the forum and wiki have you covered
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:37:10 PM] <Streetwal>	I'm off
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:37:21 PM] <vonfnas>	Thanks!
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:37:24 PM] <vonfnas>	Take care
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [05:55:36 PM] <megaloman>	WTF? a special way for PAL?
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [05:59:03 PM] <megaloman>	this gives me an idea
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [05:59:27 PM] <megaloman>	i should add an option on the webstore for MEGAdrive V3
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [06:00:04 PM] <megaloman>	option: Braindead stupid setup 50$
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [06:00:24 PM] <megaloman>	make people pay to be stupid or make em read and learn
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [06:00:53 PM] <megaloman>	im on my 25th email from some guy that doesnt know what to do with V3
[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [06:03:05 PM] <megaloman>	damn...not 25th....35th email
^^^
you had been told upon entering the channel that IRC is usually silent, meaning people are usually not around...
you had been told all information was previously documented...
when you asked for my whereabouts you were informed to post on the forums...
over one hour after your last comment i happened to walk in and catch up on the log...and this is where the log shows i mention the dude specifically about the 35 emails...

all negativity you have written about me is invalid because none of what you believe transpired actually happened
I do apologize that you misunderstood my writings and thought these comments were directed toward you, but no where does this chat log show i directly called you an idiot or any other name...nor does this chat log show my refusal to offer you support...

2. Please use better judgement when you call someone "a fucking asshole," accuse that same person of calling you an "idiot," have no proof to back up your claims, and while at the same time you happen to post your concerns in the wrong subforum.

You posted this thread under Hardware / Modding, more befitting would have been to create this thread somewhere under the General Discussion forums...

Code: Select all

[Wednesday, June 03, 2015] [04:17:09 PM] <vonfnas>	Now I just feel stupid
^^ those are your own words, not mine...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image