Help with Gamecube Controller Mod

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
NyxTheShield

Help with Gamecube Controller Mod

Post by NyxTheShield » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Hello to everyone, i a new around and i need a bit of help with a project i am working on.

The Story: I am a competitive SSB 64 player, i have been playing since 2004 and i am top player in South American. My problem is, i only play with keyboard. last year i began competing in console using n64 joysticks with... not the best results, so i imported a Raphnet GC to 64 adapter. Thanks to that i improved my performance but it just isnt the same. The Raphnet adapter allows to map the GC Dpad to the N64 stick,s o i though that with a bit of soldering i could build a custom "keyboard" for the GC and then use it in the n64.

This is the result (ignore the cheap pulsators and shoe box lol, ghetto solution but i needed this for tomorrow and in less than 10 bucks haha):

So far, it works perfectly and as intended, but i need a couple of extra buttons and specially, the start button. I already know where and how to solder the L, R and Z button, but i am totally clueless about how to solder the START button. I only see one place to solder the signal cable, but i a clueless about where to solder the ground. Any help is appreciated.
ZephaniahNoah

Re: Help with Gamecube Controller Mod

Post by ZephaniahNoah » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Where did the images go? Sounds like a fun project!