Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE + GC Portable Discussion

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
yamaharacer

Re: Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE + GC Portable Discussion

Post by yamaharacer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:06 pm

it works now. it was a realy simple misstake like the one on the slave board. I putted in the ribbon cable the wrong way round. after I have prepared my hardware for the new situation it works now.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:14 pm

are you still using the 2.7 firmware?
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:27 pm

i am using the 2.8 and it works without problems.

my cube is nearly finished now. I am only waiting for the qoob pro from emu kidid which I have ordered.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:16 pm

ok I have tried to install a qoob pro. it doesnt work. flashed bios 1.3c and exactly when I plug in the qoob pro to the cable connector I only get black screen.
just messured every point 5 times and everything is correct. thought that my cable extensions (cause I have revision c) are to long and cut it realy short. but the same error everytime.

also tried a qoob sx but the same error. maybe its cause I am using a revision c cause its also when no drive and no wode is pluged in. doesnt matter the wode is enough just would be a great addon for homebrew.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:17 pm

mmmh i just had a quick idea. can somebody with a qoob pro installed remove the drive and switch the gc on? just curious for the result...although i can pretty think of it myself :P

demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:07 am

cube works fine with qoob in lol without drive loads homebrew
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:13 am

ok then it seems that my revision c makes any problems with the qoob.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:39 pm

ok got my qoob pro work. but it seems that it doesnt work with the wode inside. it says not supported drive detectet and i cant chooce anything. it just ends in the qoob pro screen.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:25 pm

what do you mean? running stuff from the WODE via the Qoob Pro?

yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:30 pm

no just wanted to use the qoob pro for homebrew. but it doesnt work while the wode is also pluged in. when there is no wode or no drive inside I can easy go to the qoobs menu and chooce the homebrew I want to use.

but when the qoob and the wode are pluged in at the same time the qoob ends up with an error: "not supported drive detected" and I cant chooce anything. it just ends up in that screen.
infact

Post by infact » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:48 pm

I think it has something to do with the drive version the Wode is reporting, the qoob bios will only recognize the original drive versions (2001****, 2002****).
infact
Image Image
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:54 pm

could be. but I am nearly on a solution. Just tryed WiiUI to build a GCOS disk. This works on the wode. At first it doesnt recognize the iso image then I putted in a image with bigger size and it works.

then I tryed to build with your bootable image of swiss and a image of a bigger size a multigame iso. it recognizes that there are 2 games but the small one which you have posted doesnt work.

I think your homebrew disc needs some dummy files then it would work with the wode.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:55 pm

Yes, I think that if you wanted to really have the Qoob installed along with the WODE you could install some switches to turn the power off to each chip. That way you could use only the one you wanted to at the time. For normal non dev use though, I really don't see the reason. Just make up a bootable Swiss .iso to launch homebrew from your WODE.
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:58 pm

yeh i actually have a xeno and qoob in mine dont ask why just an experiment to use one or teh other just have a double throw switch to flick between the power well more like just cutting off the connection to the bios
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm

does anybody know if there is a way to autoload a gamecube iso with the wode?
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:02 am

hi I am again ;-) I just tried today to install a wiikey fusion on my second cube. but it seems nothing to work. when I switch on the cube the red and blue led on the wiikey fusion modchip just lights up short and stays black. also the cube just show me blackscreen. what could this be?
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:11 pm

ok now I have checked my connections one more time. just found 2 misstakes by myselve. now the cube starts but the wiikey doesnt do anything. I only get the message: an error occured please switch of your gamecube and read the manual.
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:50 pm

wiikey is probably blown dude need a new one probably
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:06 pm

first I will try it in my wii. If there it doesnt work, I will buy a new one.
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:29 pm

i have a spare one :) so if its screwed hit me up
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:11 pm

oh damn to late just ordered a new one.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:50 pm

demonicfox666 wrote:wiikey is probably blown dude need a new one probably

ok it seems that the wiikey wasnt blown. just have my new one build into my wii first to try if the new one works. and it doesnt. then I recognized that a SD card needs to be inserted that the wiikey menu appears on the wii.

ok the new one works perfect. then I tried the old one the same way as the new one and it also works correct. so there is any error on the gamecube.

It seems that the gamecube doesnt recognize the wiikey fusion although an sd card is inserted and I have installed update 1.5. I get everytime by booting the same error:
an error occured please switch of your gamecube and read the manual.

maybe someone know what I can do to solve this problem. I have messured every connections three times and everything seems to be correct.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:49 pm

ok just wanted to say that I have found my misstake. In the morning I messured everything once again and just realized that my 22th wire was on the wrong pad. Just one to far left as in the shematic. I changed it and it works now. Till now my tiny cube has a size ob 12x12x5 cm and is nearly noiseless.

Now I begin to plan the chassi.
mikog

Post by mikog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:32 am

:| So I'm guessing most of the techinical stuff is done right?

:D Good luck, I'm looking forward to see what this will look like.
~mikog.[/code]
kel01

Post by kel01 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:34 pm

My wode doesn't not seem to detect USB drives on firmware 2.0 and above for some reason. It detects them on 1.8 and below firmwares but those firmwares always give me a DRE on boot, the usual message saying please look in your instruction manual or something along those lines.

Whenever I connect a USB drive it just shows the "LOADING" screen over and over on the WODE LCD. It detects SD cards and will update from them but if I try to run an ISO from SD it wil give the same "LOADING" screen over and over.

I can't work it out, if it was my wiring at fault then surely I would get the same problem on firmwares 1.8 and below.

Has Anyone else come across this problem with USB drives on later firmwares or the other problem with DRE on 1.8 and below firmwares?

EDIT: After searching the official WODE forum it seems that the cause of my problem could be the flash chip on the WODE main board. Here's some quotes from the thread below.
Stuck on LOADING after update

The issue of "Stuck on Loading" on FW above 2.xx has now been found to be a Flash issue on some main boards please read the following quote from admin on how to deal with the situation.

Code: Select all

admin wrote:
Last thing... the problem of the update of 1.28 >> 2.xx firmware is found in the FLASH IC... some wodes pass the quality check with 1.28 because is under 5 MB firmware... the 2.00 is over 5 MB and we found some wodes that have a faulty FLASH IC with bad sectors...
All who have a wode that cannot upgrade need to replace the WODE MAIN BOARD or replace the FLASH IC... this kind of issue is covered from warranty, you can link this thread to distributors that need to accept the RMA.

The following is based off of old information provided but still consider when troubleshooting your WODE

Code: Select all

If the loading screen arrives after updating to a higher firmware it's possible that your WODE has a marginal FPGA. This does not mean your WODE is defective but simply that the FPGA only met the lower end of the manufacturers requirements. Higher firmwares put more strain on the FPGA and may push those marginal ones over the top this will be fixed in the newer kernel now that the development team have a marginal FPGA in their possession all new releases can be optimized. Downgrade packages are provided in the download section should your wode get stuck on loading when on a higher FW.
It seems strange that mine only gets stuck on "LOADING" when I connect a USB drive or try to run an ISO from SD card and there is not much chance of me doing a RMA with mine though as I have taken the FPC connector from the DVD side of the main board and modified the slave board to fit inside my GC. Looks like I'm going to have to find a replacement main board somewhere :(