Megadrive V3 install w/WASP switch

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Hucklebuck

Megadrive V3 install w/WASP switch

Post by Hucklebuck » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:37 am

I just got my Megadrive v3 and WASP today along with the normally closed momentary switch.
How do I hook up the momentary switch to the Megadrive so it works like a normal lid switch, which legs do I solder to which pads on the Megadrive?
What if I just want to hook up my Megadrive without switch. Do I just ground pin 29 and bridge the lid switch?
I'm using this without DVD drive.
Xaranar

Re: Megadrive V3 install w/WASP switch

Post by Xaranar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:44 am

To use the momentary switch as a lid switch, you solder the common pin, usually the middle one, to ground, and the normally closed one to the right hand lid pad on the megadrive. The other pin you leave empty. If you're wiring it as an "eject" switch for the Wasp, you need to wire the common pin to P29, the normally closed pin to ground and the normally open pin to the 1.9v rail on the GameCube. The only reason you need to do this nowadays, however, is if your Wasp doesn't have Swiss on it and you need to flash it on there. Once your Wasp has Swiss on it, it's no longer needed. If you don't want a lid switch and make it so Swiss will auto boot every time, solder both P29 and the right hand lid pad to ground, you don't need to bridge both pads.
Hucklebuck

Post by Hucklebuck » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:42 pm

I was going to use the switch so I can play multi disc games.
Run Original WKF firmware as a .dol file and swap SD cards that are formated to WBFS. I've heard that this works. If I do this, do I make it a lid switch or a pin 29 switch?
Xaranar

Post by Xaranar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:54 pm

In that case, you need a lid switch.