Full sized DVD mod tutorial?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
XC-3730C

Full sized DVD mod tutorial?

Post by XC-3730C » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:02 am

I have searched on this subject, but with not much success, since most tutorials have out of date pics/info. And a Viper case is hard to find (and I can never find one for my Platinum system).

Does anyone know of a good tutorial to perform this mod?

Thank you!
zethirdone

Re: Full sized DVD mod tutorial?

Post by zethirdone » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:45 am

I found that on the web last month https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSUH3krCbmA This Is what you should not do!!!, You'll need to use a rotary tool like a dremel, the video can give you a preview where to cut, you can cut the outer egde on the left and right to make it easier to insert a disc but without a custom made top lid, It's gonna be really ugly to look.

You should think to shop for some good mini dvd-r like ritekG04, a little bit more expensive but you can find them online and keep the original aspect of your Gamecube and I think it worth to invest in a good Media to burn your backup on. I bought a pack of a 100 online and got It for around 0.60 USD each with the shipping fee include and import tax (I live in Canada and bought them from the state).

For the moment, I simply left the top case unscrew and I unplugged the lid switch and put small wire in each pin of the cable connector to make the Gamecube think that the lid is close. So when I want to play a full size dvd, I remove the top case put the disc and play, when I'm done playing, remove the disc and put back the case to prevent dust to go inside. That's my tempory fix for the situation.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:32 pm

@zethirdone,

Where did you get your mini DVD-R from? I doubt I will need 100 of them, since I want to get a WASP, and only use DVD-R for audio streaming games.
zethirdone

Post by zethirdone » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:34 am

Not sure if we can post direct link on the forum for reseller, but if you look for ridata mini dvd-r on eBay you should find some, they usually sell them in pack of 10, 50, 100, most are free shipping to the state, the seller I choose specified in the description that the media code was RITEKG04.