⠀Re: Serial Port #2

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Sierron

Re: Serial Port #2

Post by Sierron » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:12 pm

The Serial Port 2 was actually used, but only for one device so far. The usb adapter from the TDEV gamecube.
Own a couple PAL and JPN cubes. And three BBAs. Homeland and PSO I/II.
tesla246

Post by tesla246 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:53 pm

My sig actually has my dream mod regarding the gamecube serial port 2, but I reckon it will remain a dream haha. It would basically turm the cube into a wii (along with a system upclock) though I guess that is not possible.

On a sidenote, anyone knows the actual speed of serial port 2? Never could find the info, though I suspect it might be more than USB (1.1?) since it was indeed used by developers.
Dream mod: HI-speed port device utilizing 4:4:4 RGB 32 bit colour, 720p video and variable refresh rate. :shock:
Favourite mod: GC Loader flashed with latest swiss.
Eagerly awaiting a normal, form-factor wise, wireless controller with rumble. :)
Sierron

Post by Sierron » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:18 pm

The serial port #2 is another spi port. I guess that this port isn't any faster than the other serial port used for the network adapter.
tesla246 wrote:My sig actually has my dream mod regarding the gamecube serial port 2, but I reckon it will remain a dream haha.
It still wondering if you could just replace the 12MB 1T-SRAM with 24MB ones. And if, does the cube detect them correctly?

As for Wifi: Well, the games would need to support to read from that port instead from the other port. Without software patches ...

What would you use bluetooth for? Wii controllers?

USB on the other hand would be nice. Connect a nice little usb stick with a good GB count and play your games off of that.
Own a couple PAL and JPN cubes. And three BBAs. Homeland and PSO I/II.