MEGAdrive versions

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
bytesaber

MEGAdrive versions

Post by bytesaber » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Which MEGAdrive version is for me?

I really like what I saw demonstrated in the Megadrive V4 video. It shows use of both a DVD drive and an external SD card, with native DVD boot while the SD card is simply removed. It seems perfect and appeals to what I want. I also love the concept of just moving the whole drive assembly to a new motherboard if needed. I have no fear of soldering. So moving the entire assembly is not a big deal if I had a different MEGAdrive that can also make dual use of the DVD drive and SD card.

Could I do the same with a V6? I am not interested with making a portable.

Can someone please clarify the audio streaming mentioned occasionally in the videos? I remember this being an issue solved with the Cobra firmware. "audio fix". Is this the same topic? Why is there a solder pad on various MEGAdrives for this. What does it solder to?

I would like to return to the Gamecube scene and build a Fusion Gamecube. I have been out of the Gamecube world since ViperGC in 2004. I have watched each of megalomaniac's MEGAdrive videos.

Lastly... will they really become available again? I have money to give to badassconsoles.com