Is my GC dead?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
jefflongo

Is my GC dead?

Post by jefflongo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:42 pm

So I'm a newbie trying to create my first portable GC. I have a rev A mobo and I haven't done much to it yet aside from removing the memory card, serial port, gc player, and rgb video connectors. Apparently this broke something because now when I try to boot I get no video or audio! It was working before I removed these connectors and I know the tv/power supply/video cable works.

I removed one of the serial port connectors and the motherboard connectors by breaking it off carefully as detailed in Kasar's guide. The others I removed with a heat gun. I trimmed and cleaned up the areas which were modified and I didn't see any bridges that could be causing shorts.

I'm using the stock regulator board and haven't modified everything else. The board is untrimmed. The fan spins and there's warmth from the chips. I tested with a multimeter and the board is getting the proper voltages on the power connector and as well, I tested the 5v pin on the composite video connector and that is working as well. The LED for the controller connector lights up and the disk drive is fully functional. No idea what could have happened!! I'm working on a wood table. Any advice or do I need to just get a new cube?? It's a bit discouraging messing up on the first step!

ImageImage
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Is my GC dead?

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:03 pm

If the DVD Drive is spinning up a disc then it's likely something to do with video output that you've botched.
jefflongo

Re: Is my GC dead?

Post by jefflongo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Hmm.. I only removed the serial ports, memory card ports, GC player port, and the digital video port. Despite having the correct voltage on the composite video port, maybe I broke something when I removed the digital port?