Custom QSB for Wasp/WKF with DVD drive

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
retronerd

Re: Custom QSB for Wasp/WKF with DVD drive

Post by retronerd » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 am

Hello and thanks for your awesome work citrus3000psi!
I have succefully installed the Custom QSB for Wasp. My question is how do i use the 29 Pin to lid switch? i have a neew wasp chip and dont know yet wich firmware im on.
Please what is my next move? Thanks!
Sassokee

Post by Sassokee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 am

I got hold of a second hand WODE Jukebox that I'm planning to install and looking for a solution to keep the original drive as well. I'm Ok with soldering, done some QSB installs on the Xbox 360.. I was wondering if this solution is compatible with the Wode, I'm new to the GC.

Do I just need to order the boards from the website? Thanks
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:40 am

It'll work with the wode. Order the boards as well as a pair of FFC connectors that you will have to solder onto them. You may not need the voltage regulator for this, you'll have to wire multiple voltages to the wode as far as I know.
Sassokee

Post by Sassokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:40 am
It'll work with the wode. Order the boards as well as a pair of FFC connectors that you will have to solder onto them. You may not need the voltage regulator for this, you'll have to wire multiple voltages to the wode as far as I know.

Thanks for the reply, I received the QSBs today from Oshpark.com, I am awaiting the FFC connectors from China, I couldn't find local sellers on the UK eBay...
retronerd

Post by retronerd » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:47 pm

I cant get Audiostreaming to work from a Gamecube DVD. I have the wiikey turned OFF in the config menu.???
MichiS97

Post by MichiS97 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Can anyone tell me how exactly connecting the lid works? Also, do I need that normally closed tact switch for pin 29? How exactly do I use this with a WODE?
novenary

Post by novenary » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Knowledge about the WODE is a lot more scarce than WKF/WASP because it's much more expensive and hasn't been available for a while. For the lid, you just need to connect a switch between the two pads on the adapter board. You need pin 29 according to the wiring information in the wiki.