Anyone know how to replicate Smashbox/Hitbox for Gamecube?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
amiinal

Re: Anyone know how to replicate Smashbox/Hitbox for Gamecube?

Post by amiinal » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:28 am

@meneerbeer. oh, no need! I actually am just finishing up the mod I believe.!! The logic converter worked great.!
hobotz

Post by hobotz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:41 pm

amiinal wrote:@meneerbeer. oh, no need! I actually am just finishing up the mod I believe.!! The logic converter worked great.!
@amiinal hey! would you mind sharing your hardware setup using the logic level controller? I'm working on a similar project using that Nintendo library by NicoHood and would love to check yours out. I'm a novice to all of this and I think I'm mixing something up because I can't seem to get my Arduino Uno to read my GCC input. I'm worried that I'm using an incorrect LLC because it looks different and doesn't have a dedicated "TXI or "TXO" pin.

Also, this project stemmed from an interest in Smashbox as well. Thought I'd show ya what I've done so far using a Teensy Arduino unit to control the potentiometers for the sticks through its true analog output as well as an additional digital potentiometer to supply the other axis.
Spoiler
Show
IMG_20161208_173420.jpg
(3.8 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_2447.JPG
(1.82 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_2434.JPG
(1.81 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_2433.JPG
(1.82 MiB) Not downloaded yet
amiinal

Post by amiinal » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 pm

To get the logic converter to work properly you need a total of 5 Wires in it typically. Make sure yours will support bidirectional data transfer. You need to input a stable 5v POWER line and 3.3v POWER line to the Logic Converter at the same time. Then add the ground and it should be powered up and ready to go. Then you can just use it as you wish. Arudino data line then goes on the HV (High Voltage) side and the GCC data line goes on the LV side. It will then convert the data to the appropriate voltage.
hobotz

Post by hobotz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Ah, alright. No 1k resistor involved like the guide says?
amiinal

Post by amiinal » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:38 am

hobotz wrote:Ah, alright. No 1k resistor involved like the guide says?
Ops! Forgot about that sorry. Yeah add the 1k resistor to pull up the line so there is nothing floating.

edit: ohyeah thats from Data line to the stable 3.3v line by the way.