Gamecube doesn't read discs and has static boot logo

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Birkin_Pl

Gamecube doesn't read discs and has static boot logo

Post by Birkin_Pl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi.
Sometimes ago I bought a GC with broken fan. I replace fan with the 3partyone, I had to change plastic frame which hold the fan. Unfortunately, fan works now flawlessly, but gamecube doesn't read disc. Before this "operation" everything w/o fan worked. Laser didn't move, and disc didn't spin at all, and the boot logo is static (only gamecube logo photo and then it straight go to the menu screen). When insert disc it only show me question mark. I think some ribbon cable might be loose but maybe someone had this problem before ? Thanks from advance guys, and please help.
novenary

Re: Gamecube doesn't read discs and has static boot logo

Post by novenary » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Sounds like your lid switch is not being actuated properly. When you put the top shell back onto the console, make sure you keep the lid open so that it fits in properly.
Birkin_Pl

Post by Birkin_Pl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Ok, I always put cover back with lid closed, I will try it tomorrow morning and tell results right away.

---/EDIT 23:20/---
I put cover back with lid opened and nothing happened. I tried to manually lock this 2 plastic things with my hand. Laser still did nothing. Can i bypass this "cover open" thing and simply connect this two wires together by soldering them ?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 am

That would lock you out of two disc games, but yes you can.
Birkin_Pl

Post by Birkin_Pl » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Ok, when i put little cable in lid sensor connector it worked ! But I have to replace this "lid module" to play two disc games, I'm a big resident evil fan and almost every game has two disks :( Do you know where I can buy this senosr cheap ?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Your best bet is harvesting it from a broken console, unless you manage to repair yours.