Lost USB programmer board for Qoob Pro

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
ccc10

Lost USB programmer board for Qoob Pro

Post by ccc10 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:00 am

Hey all,

I recently rediscovered my Gamecube with a Qoob pro chip installed. Unfortunately I no longer have the USB programmer which connects via ribbon cable. Does anyone have a pinout for the Qoob chip to interface with a USB cable directly? According to Figure #22 of this pdf guide, the programmer is already electrically connected when it was originally attached to the board, and there are 4 contact pads on th Qoob board I can solder to, but I do not know which pad is which. If anyone has a USB programmer they could post good photos of that would also be helpful.

Thanks
dilav

Re: Lost USB programmer board for Qoob Pro

Post by dilav » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:56 pm

I uploaded photos here:
https://imgur.com/a/tMTxcRh

You are going to have to trace the chip side yourself.
ccc10

Post by ccc10 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:23 pm

dilav wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:56 pm
I uploaded photos here:
https://imgur.com/a/tMTxcRh

You are going to have to trace the chip side yourself.
Wow thanks for you getting back to me so quickly. The images are great, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I've got a USB mini-b breakout board coming in a few days so I will get soldering and report back how I get one. I think I will forget about the LED and just do the 4 USB contacts.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Also, am I right in thinking that with the USB board attached to the main board (as in your pictures), the LED on the USB board doesn't function? It only works with the FFC attached?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:20 am

The LED on the USB board only functions when connected to a PC and the PC has correctly detected/enumerated the device.
dilav

Post by dilav » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:33 am

ccc10 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:23 pm
EDIT: Also, am I right in thinking that with the USB board attached to the main board (as in your pictures), the LED on the USB board doesn't function? It only works with the FFC attached?
I believe you are correct. I did not see any other traces besides the 4 usb points that snakes their way across the mouse bites and the USB board is passive. It will probably only capable of working when connected by FFC and operate as emu_kidid mention. There is a LED on the chip itself as well, but I can't recall with clarity what any of the LED indicate.
ccc10

Post by ccc10 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:08 pm

Thanks all for your replies. Quick update, everything works! Windows 10 recognised the Qoob on first plug in and the flasher software worked perfect. I flashed IPLBOOT and it launches Swiss from SD card perfectly. :D

Its brought new life to my old GC.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:01 am

Very cool, glad you got it sorted :)