GCPlug Information - Inc firmware updates

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
cpenny1

Re: GCPlug Information - Inc firmware updates

Post by cpenny1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:42 pm

Cant even get my programmer to detect the chip, i end up with no data just $ff, I have bridged the pad so it cant be that.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:36 pm

I think the memory chips on Chinese GCPlugs may come from mis-labelled stock, so we don't get the right protocol when we try to communicate with them. :cry:
To those wo succeeded, what's the reference labelled on yours, and what reference the flashing software detected/used to flash it?

As GCPlug's update is made via SPI, and Gamecube has 2 or 3 SPI ports, why won't we get an updater utility on the Cube, so we just have to build the cable? Building a male SP2 connector is easy, I already did one for my SD2SP2 with a plastic tab (from a yoghurt cup edge) and adhesive metal sheet (copper), while getting all the stuff and software up and running on a PC can be such a headache.

And why would we need to short the pads when writing to the chip with a 8pin SOIC clip? Doesn't the clip do its job?
DMG/MF OC, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Flo0306

Post by Flo0306 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Hello guys, I am new on this forum.
First of all, thank you everyone for all the support, information I found here. I just wanted to let you know that I have recently bought a GCPlug on AliExpress (arrived this week) and the firmware was version 3.0a which means that it should be possible to get it updated easily with any homebrew launcher like Swiss. I know some of you struggled to get their GCPlug updated to a 3.X version with an hardware solution, you might be interested by this.
If ever, you are in the same situation than me, let me know if you succeed to update it with the .dol file because it did not worked, nothing happen when I boot the .dol file and I go to the update menu on the GCPlug. It did not recognise the firmware. I have also noticed that it is not possible to access to the GCPlug menu through the controller by holding L, R, X, Y. Did someone experienced the same thing ? I don’t know if all of this is due to the hardware solution used on the plug ?!
DOL001(EUR)/GCPlug/SD2SP2/Softmod
WALFER

Post by WALFER » Mon May 25, 2020 3:43 pm

I just received my gcplug with 3.0a firmware from aliexpress and i successfully updated it to 3.0e from swiss launching the 3.0e dol :D