ODE replacement availability

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
capzlk

ODE replacement availability

Post by capzlk » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:34 pm

Sup people! My interest in the gamecube and developing for it has recently been reignited and I was reading up on the developments in the past 4 years since I last played around with it. I've noticed there are new ODEs and a way to use as cards from the sp2 port. But I've been keeping an eye on the pages for the ODEs and they continue to stay in 'new stock soon' limbo..

Are these still being produced? Specifically hyperboot and gcloader (off the top of my head). They would seriously improve my build&test pipeline and remove the need to burn a new mini dvd with a newer swiss. Mine (version ~330 of swiss) is ancient and has several issues.
meneerbeer

Re: ODE replacement availability

Post by meneerbeer » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:14 pm

GC Loader developer here. It is still being produced, but the demand is high and, on top of that, production is delayed by the corona virus. There should be a steady availability eventually.

Edit: there will be another round of pre-orders this Thursday, see this post.
capzlk

Post by capzlk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Hey meneerbeer! Thanks for the response, it's been a while :) interesting to hear that even the little guys are impacted by the virus!
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:14 am

Not so surprising, as nowadays everybody from top to bottom works with China, in a way or another.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
meneerbeer

Post by meneerbeer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:35 am

Especially the little guys are hit. The big guys get priority. :D Hopefully, it is resolved soon and we will only have a couple of weeks delay from the initial plan.