Panasonic q fan replacement

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
EthernumRasa

Panasonic q fan replacement

Post by EthernumRasa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:21 pm

So i tried replacing my fan according to this:

https://www.assembler-games.com/threads ... ost-970460

Bought the same fan and used a 3pin-to-2pin adapter.

And the error f76 showed up. I bought the same fan and from what i understand i need to bridge the red and yellow wire. How do I do that? Do i just put a metal pin touching the red and yellow wire at the end of the original fans wirering while connecting it to the 3pin to 2pin adapter? Do i solder those cables together? Do I remove the shielding and twist the yellow wire around the red wire?

I always try to make pictures and give long explanations when i do a tutorial, but this tutorial in the link had neither, sadly.
Papy.G

Re: Panasonic q fan replacement

Post by Papy.G » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:12 pm

It seems to be red and yellow together, in any way you fancy.

Putting pictures on another server than the board's one leads us to loss of data when the traffic gets lower.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
EthernumRasa

Re: Panasonic q fan replacement

Post by EthernumRasa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Do you know why the fan is so loud? From visual inspection its clean and the insides are dustfree cause the Q that i have has never been used really.

Also do you know anything about the "QMode switch", i have one installed and it seems to be very rare and only one guy in Germany figured out how to do this. I am able to change region settings, mp3 playback on/off and other stuff by pushing different button combinations on my remote while the Q is in standby mode. It comes with the price that the microcontroller for this is connected to every board the Q has (gc Motherboard, dvd mainboard, controll panel board). So getting to the fan in mine is hell