Panasonic q (SL-GC10-S) mysterious QMode Switch and DVD Multimod apearently from techtronics

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
EthernumRasa

Panasonic q (SL-GC10-S) mysterious QMode Switch and DVD Multimod apearently from techtronics

Post by EthernumRasa » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:05 am

Hallo everyone,

Apearently I'm The owner of quite the rare thing. My panasonic q is modded so that one can chance regions of the dvd board and gamecube board by pushing buttons on the remote while the Q is in standby. This is possible by a "QMode Switch". I Can't find any info on this anywhere. My Q was modeddes by I Guy in Germany and he said that this mod was developed by someone specializing in modding DVD players in the early 2000ths. I cant find any info on this anywhere.
My only lead is a instruction manual:
https://de.scribd.com/document/401374130/Panasonic-Q-video-DVD-region-free-mod

https://manualzz.com/doc/4383990/panasonic-sl-gc10-dvd-multimod

This manual looks like the manuals from techtronics.
I found their site through the internet time machine but since the site is not complete i cant find the panasonic q up there. Anyone here heard of this specific mod somewhere? I was told by the guy that modded mine that he has 2 sets left and then thats it, no more supply left anywhere that he knows of.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Panasonic q (SL-GC10-S) mysterious QMode Switch and DVD Multimod apearently from techtronics

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:18 pm

This was common back in the day, you would add an extra RAM chip to the DVD board and then perform a region free unlock via an original/authored disc so you can play any region.

Add some pics if you can so people can see what you're talking about.
EthernumRasa

Re: Panasonic q (SL-GC10-S) mysterious QMode Switch and DVD Multimod apearently from techtronics

Post by EthernumRasa » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 pm

I know that it was common back then to add a chip to make a dvd player region free. But what is uncommon about mine is that i can change weather my Q boots in US or Japanese BIOS.....by pushing buttons on my remote.......while the Q is in standby.

Links sangs modded Qs are switched by holding the powebutton on the Q itself, while I can change the region of the gamecube or the dvd player via pussing a combination of buttons on my remote. The comand list is in one picture (fllow the link I posted) from that Instruction i posted. I also can change the dvd region and turn mp3 recognition on/off.....again....by pushing buttons on my Panasonic Q remote while the machine itself is in standby.

Ive tried searching for another chip that does that, but i have never found anything comparable and I cant even find mentionings of a "QMode Switch" besides that instruction which shows up on two sides. Thats it there is no more information on it.
Bambusfresser18

Post by Bambusfresser18 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:22 pm

Hey there,
I hope I’m not to late.
I am from Germany and look what I found:
https://www.wolfsoft.de/shop/product_in ... uning.html
Seems interesting and I consider buying it. However I am not quite comfortable with shipping my Q.
I asked him if it would be possible to purchase „The kit“ he is using so I could do it myself.

Edit: I will call him tomorrow let’s see.