Pluto Board Audio Issues?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Murder Dog

Pluto Board Audio Issues?

Post by Murder Dog » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:51 am

Hello, I’m a noob and I’m a bit disappointed or at least confused on what displays this board will actually work on, I’ve done an installation of the typical Pluto board onto my GameCube and was able to get it to display, However with advanced DVI enabled I’m only able to get sound on my desktop monitor. I have an old tv from 2009 that I was attempting to the use hdmi through to no avail. I also connected the 100 ohm resistor to the board if that helps anything yet still only audio on desktop monitor.

Is there something missing here or that I’m not understanding so does this board really only work with a select few displays? Cause if so I’m greatly disappointed.

Any help appreciated, thank you
Extrems

Re: Pluto Board Audio Issues?

Post by Extrems » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:32 am

Which firmware version? If v3.0, have you tried the sample rate hack?
Murder Dog

Post by Murder Dog » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:52 am

Extrems wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:32 am
Which firmware version? If v3.0, have you tried the sample rate hack?
Hello! Thank you and yes it is on v3.0, sample rate did not do anything. I’m starting to think I should just gone for a plug and play hdmi adapter rather than internal if I’m not gonna get sound on a majority of displays. A bit sad, does my computer monitor have some sort of capability that my tv does not?

Is this board more commonly used for pc monitors instead?
I'm thinking maybe it doesn't accept the signal through the hdmi cable but I figure this is now going to not work on a bunch of tvs

unfortunate
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:11 am

You may not get any better with a plug and play solution, it seems to be an incompatibility on your TV. Check your TV settings, or just disable the HDMI audio, and get the analog audio from the original AV cable. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Murder Dog

Post by Murder Dog » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:19 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:11 am
You may not get any better with a plug and play solution, it seems to be an incompatibility on your TV. Check your TV settings, or just disable the HDMI audio, and get the analog audio from the original AV cable. ;)
True, do all hdmi converters utilize the same GC Video that I’m installing internally?

By getting the analog audio do you just mean use the composite cable? Or is there some way to get audio using the composite cable with HDMI?

Do you possibly think an HDMI ARC converter could do anything? I’m tempted to buy one and find out.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Very few use custom-tailored GC-Video FW, and it was the case with the 2.4 flavour, I don't know if it is even still true with the v3 as it adresses many of the flaws of the standard v2.4 FW.

Yes, just use the composite cable for its RCA audio connectors, and Video through HDMI, but beware, activating audio through HDMI may disable the analog audio output, so beware to set up the whole thing right.

I'm not at the edge of that kind of gear knowledge, but I think that if your TV doesn't support audio through HDMI, this might not solve the problem.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Murder Dog

Post by Murder Dog » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:12 pm
Very few use custom-tailored GC-Video FW, and it was the case with the 2.4 flavour, I don't know if it is even still true with the v3 as it adresses many of the flaws of the standard v2.4 FW.

Yes, just use the composite cable for its RCA audio connectors, and Video through HDMI, but beware, activating audio through HDMI may disable the analog audio output, so beware to set up the whole thing right.

I'm not at the edge of that kind of gear knowledge, but I think that if your TV doesn't support audio through HDMI, this might not solve the problem.
Thank you for the guidance, greatly appreciated. So I'm assuming all I'd need to do is connect the red and white composite connections to the right of the hdmi signal correct? As you see in the picture.
I didn't think that would work without being on the composite source on my TV, but I also don't know a lot hahaha

Could you explain what you mean by "activating audio through HDMI"?, are you suggesting there is a setting I need turned off within the OSD? Sorry I just want to make sure I am not going to screw anything up.

I'm basically assuming you mean the "Enhanced DVI" but honestly I don't even understand what that truly means or does besides give sound lol

Thank you!
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm

No, these might be outputs, try the composite ins or PC audio, and see your TV's manual for specific HDMI setups.

The simpler would be to connect to a stereo for the sound unless there is a way to add analog sound to your HDMI ins on the TV, And then if you don't have audio output from the console, you'll have to get to de-activate the audio in the OSD (enhanced DVI).

Murder Dog

Post by Murder Dog » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm
No, these might be outputs, try the composite ins or PC audio, and see your TV's manual for specific HDMI setups.

The simpler would be to connect to a stereo for the sound unless there is a way to add analog sound to your HDMI ins on the TV, And then if you don't have audio output from the console, you'll have to get to de-activate the audio in the OSD (enhanced DVI).
Thank you for everything man, I was really frustrated before but I understand what needs to be done now. greatly appreciated!