Pluto HDMI board audio issue

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
XpertXP

Pluto HDMI board audio issue

Post by XpertXP » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi all,

I have an older Pluto board installed in a GameCube, its running version 2.4a. After wiring it up, im not getting any audio at all, even with Enhanced DVI mode enabled. i have tried different HDMi cables as well as different displays. Its only happening with this Pluto board, my other GameCubes that I have with this board and newer firmware do not have this issue.

Anyone have any idea what might be the issue? Is it older firmware related? I removed the Pluto and reinstalled it with the same results.

Thanks all.
Papy.G

Re: Pluto HDMI board audio issue

Post by Papy.G » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Funny how this question pops up lastly.

Seems that your board is somehow defective. Did you inspect the solder joints at last on the audio wire route?

Eager to have opted for a GC plug.

This should be merged to https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... =26&t=4577

And https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... f=3&t=4578 has to be merged too
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
XpertXP

Post by XpertXP » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:14 pm

I removed the board completely and resoldered it. I have done over 10 of these boards and have not ever experienced this before. Do you happen to know which pins exactly the audio is being routed from on the GC board as well as the pluto?
XpertXP

Post by XpertXP » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:32 pm

A little more digging reveals that using the ANALOG output on the GameCube plays no audio as well.

This is looking to be an actual gamecube MLB issue. Anyone have any insight as to where to start?

Thanks
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am

No, no analog audio out happens to me sometimes too, with the GCPlug (FW 2.4c). I'm not able to reproduce it, but it sure happened once or twice.

Maybe you fried something wiring it wrong, it happened to me with my Zelda platinum GC, I killed the audio out (at least analog) tinkering in the Digital AV port and accidentally shorting the Digital audio line to VCC. :oops:
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)