SD2SP2 can't run Twin Snakes?

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
CathodeRayBlues

SD2SP2 can't run Twin Snakes?

Post by CathodeRayBlues » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 am

I made a note about this by editing the Swiss compatibility list on the Wiki, but I figured out this forum exists and I probably should have posted here first to ask questions.
As the title suggests, I couldn't figure out how to get Twin Snakes to work for the life of me and I've had this SD2SP2 setup for months.
Every time swiss updated, I would update it and try again, I've tried converting the ISOs between normal format and nkit, and always came back with the same result:
The game hangs on a black screen after displaying the 'Konami' logo and fading out. I can reset the console to repeat that splash screen, but I cannot start the game.

Am I just an isolated case or are other people having the same problem?
Extrems

Re: SD2SP2 can't run Twin Snakes?

Post by Extrems » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:19 pm

This is an isolated case.
CathodeRayBlues

Post by CathodeRayBlues » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:42 pm

Extrems wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:19 pm
This is an isolated case.
Alright then. Any ideas on what the source of the problem is? I was able to get a number of other games working just fine, namely Smash Melee and Mario Party 4, so I'm sure it can't be the SD2SP2 itself. But if it was the ISO files I feel like nkit tools would have told me something was wrong with my copy.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Usually it would be the SD card, but I got a whole bunch of different SD card brands and got nothing.
CathodeRayBlues

Post by CathodeRayBlues » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:38 am

I'm almost certain I bought one of the known-working SD cards, but perhaps reformatting it or trying another one would be worth a shot.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:26 am

Recently, some had problems with brand new cards that had a very little first partition concealed from most OSes for whatever reason, and formating from context menu in windows didn't solve that. I don't think that's the case here, if other games work.

Are you sure of your dump?
Dumping discs on your own is usually safer as some sites just have duplicates of bad dumps from another random site.

Also, Nkit won't give you pertinent information unless you give it a valid redump database.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Diego borella

Post by Diego borella » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:15 pm

do the dump again.
this is an isolated case, because metal gear has always worked in both versions (NTSC-PAL) for me.
did you try to test the dump on another previous Swiss version of work?

warn us...
SWISS USER :geek:
CathodeRayBlues

Post by CathodeRayBlues » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:08 am

Papy.G wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:26 am
Recently, some had problems with brand new cards that had a very little first partition concealed from most OSes for whatever reason, and formating from context menu in windows didn't solve that. I don't think that's the case here, if other games work.

Are you sure of your dump?
Dumping discs on your own is usually safer as some sites just have duplicates of bad dumps from another random site.

Also, Nkit won't give you pertinent information unless you give it a valid redump database.
Alright looks like it's time for me to find another source for the ISO since I don't have a disc of my own to dump. While I'm at it, I should go find a proper database for nkit to verify my other games, consisting of both my own dumps and other games I found online. I'll let y'all know if anything interesting happens later.