15 Wode/Wiikey "Plug and Play adapters" Available for sale

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
demonicfox666

Re: 15 Wode/Wiikey "Plug and Play adapters" Available for sa

Post by demonicfox666 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:18 pm

indeed is frustrating for all
Last edited by demonicfox666 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:34 pm

well in my opinion some people here are freaking out way too early. the riteks i ordered took almost two months to get here...so we can still freak out on it if they haven't arrived mid august.
just my 2 cents
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 pm

i just dont understand howcome things take so long to get to you:/ it must be horrible i suppose youv gotten used to it, in my case most things from most parts of the world take a 1-2 weeks and as such have gotten used to that which is why i tend to panic if thing take longer, also the ways these adapters were sent are they traveling by boat in that case then i would expect a long time
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:28 pm

ashen I have got a short question. which pins do I realy need to power the wode. If I only want to use the wode without any drive on it is it nesseccary to solder every potential or is 3.3V enough?
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 pm

3.3v should be enough if I remember correctly. The only thing 5v is used for is powering a USB hard drive. So if you don't connect the 5v line to the slaveboard like I've shown here:

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... f=26&t=624

you just wont be able to use HDD's. It'll be SD only.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:19 am

yeah the 5V for the slaveboard is clear, I only wanted to know which potential are nesseccary on the wode. I hope that my last parts arrive today so I will finish my adapter on the weekend.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:10 am

Yep, just connect the 3.3v and ground on the DVD drive connector and you'll be golden. Actually I think Zenloc said somewhere that that 3.3v line is only used for the LCD backlight. It won't hurt it for you to try it without it.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm

First off, I would like to say that I am VERY VERY sorry to all of you overseas that ordered one of these from me and have not yet received it. At this point, to say you've been waiting a long time would be an understatement. I would also like to thank all of you for your patience and understanding about the whole matter.

I talked with Liquitt today a bit through PM's and I can tell that at this point he is understandably just as frustrated as I am. As far as I'm concerned this whole thing started going south when I didn't receive the switches I had ordered to make these and has gone further south from that point forward.

I'm going to give it until the end of the next postal week, at which point if Liquitt has not received the adapters I would like everyone who ordered but hasn't received one to consider the only two options I can think of and let me know through PM here how you want to proceed.

1. Full refund.
2. Modding service by me:

Send me your GC and I will install your Wiikey/WODE adapter directly for you. It won't be "plug and play" but its the best I can offer at this point. It will be installed directly to the GC's motherboard. You would not have to send me your WODE or Wiikey, I have my own I can use to test. If you've already got your WODE/Wiikey and want to go this route I would appreciate if you sent me the FFC that came with it along with your GC as I only have a few left. I will cover shipping up to $35.00 (most likely what it would cost me to ship it back to you). I will also provide scans of the receipt and customs slip of the shipment back to you in a PM here on the forums.

If you are quite fed up with waiting and just want a refund now, just PM me and I will refund you right away. I cannot say I would blame you. Again, I am very sorry for everyone's trouble and I will do my best to make things 100% right with all those involved.
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 pm

@Ashen

Did the package have a return address?

Of the options presented I dont think sending a GC over to and back from the US is really practical. It would be far cheaper to source a 10$ cube/joblot - mod that and send it over.

I would be willing to pony up some cash for another plug and play adaptor. No rush though - hell my disassembled Japan Cube as been sitting in plain view on a shelf for several years now :D
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Of course, the return address was/is my home address. I'm really really hoping in the end that they will show up at Liquitts by next week. I went to my city's main post office today to ship a package and inquired if there was any way to find out wtf is going on. The lady told me if I still had the customs # I could inquire about the package at the USPS website or alternatively gave me a # to call. Like an idiot, I had left the customs form and receipt lay about in plain view and my significant other tossed them thinking they were junk. Tomorrow I will stop by my local post office branch (where I mailed the adapters from) and see if they can pull their copy of the customs form for me. I may then be able to find out just WTF is taking so long.

I agree, sending me your GC is not really practical. Shipment of just a motherboard may be slightly more practical as that is all I really need. The thing about making more up is that I don't have any more of the male GC DVD drive plug to solder to.

like I said though, hopefully the adapters show up... A month and a half+ IMO is to long to keep people waiting though. Again, I'm very sorry for all this trouble.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Hm... I'm still hoping that the adapters will arrive soon, but if not I guess sending you my moBo and my Wode would be option. But for sure with insuranced shipping :P
RGB_Gamer

Post by RGB_Gamer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:07 pm

So Ashen, do you sell these any more?
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:34 pm

RGB_Gamer wrote:So Ashen, do you sell these any more?
have u been reading any of this atall..... no didnt think so, as he stated he has b=no dvd adapters as such at this moment he is not, tho weathe rhe will in the future is unknown
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:32 am

So, I for myself have decided to wait until the end of august, if everybody is fine with that. If they don't arrive until then, i'll refund the shipping money.
2.5 months would've been the longest time a package has ever taken. Also, Ashen got the information that it actually arrived in Germany and after that ... nobody knows. Thank you Germany for fucking things up again :/

KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for the statement ashen. Best support ever. :)
Also, we can still hope for those adapters to arrive. ^^
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Alrighty, So I'm ready to call it a day with these adapters. Obviously they have either been lost or seized by customs on account of them not knowing what they are and looking dangerous/homemade I suppose.

I shipped a cut & rewired GC motherboard to the UK last Friday and included a note explaining what the contents were and it arrived to the person in question today. Shipping method was exactly the same shipping I used to ship these adapters to Liquitt.

So we have two options. I can issue a full refund to those involved and you can wait for kennycc's awesome adapters to be ready. Or you can ship me your GC motherboard and I can install a FFC directly to the motherboard for you and ship it back in the same manner I shipped said board to the UK, with a note explaining what the contents are.

Please contact me in PM's and let me know how each one of you would like to proceed. If I don't hear back from someone who was set to receive one of these within two weeks from now I will just automatically issue a refund.

Thanks again to everyone involved for your patience and understanding. I'm really sorry that this didn't work out. To those who did receive these adapters from me I hope you enjoy them and the ease of installation they provide.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Sad but true. As i stated before i will wait until the end of next week, since i'll be on vacation from this saturday on.
I'll let you all know about the refunding etc. when i'm back!

hunter291

Post by hunter291 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:14 pm

That's sad :( Guess i'll have to think about what I'm going to do. I don't have a GC right now, so sending my board is a bit... impossible :P I guess I'll wait for a small miracle and hope that they arrive this week. If not, I guess I will have to ask for a refund :I But thanks for the information and the updates.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Can you tell us real quick who you are and if you were part of the european distribution through myself?
Since i don't recall that nick from my list...?!

hunter291

Post by hunter291 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Haha sorry. My nick on the list was Blubbindahood.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:39 pm

guys, look what arrived while i was on vacation

:mrgreen:

infact

Post by infact » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:57 pm

You should invite your postman for a drink or so... maybe next time it will be faster then ;-)
infact
Image Image
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:24 pm

...just to beat him up

hunter291

Post by hunter291 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Cool. So I assume that you are going to send them out on monday, right ? Did I give you my address ?
demonicfox666

Post by demonicfox666 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:03 pm

omg thats incredible