15 Wode/Wiikey "Plug and Play adapters" Available for sale

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
andzlay

Re: 15 Wode/Wiikey "Plug and Play adapters" Available for sa

Post by andzlay » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:33 pm

There's no hurry...^^ I start with my wodecube project when you're finished with the adapters :)
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Take it easy, ashen! We can all wait. :P
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
jmjohnson85

Post by jmjohnson85 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:55 pm

No rush man. I still have to save up for a WODE ;)
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Enjoy your vacation Ashen.

Recharge yourself.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 pm

family first man, family first :)
no worries
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:07 am

Thanks guys, I knew you'd be understanding. This is a great community :D

That being said, I just wanted to keep you guys in the loop. There is a small chance I'll get all this stuff done and even get some of them out the door. But I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up and then be gone for a week.

What would help me get a head start I suppose is if everyone on the list to receive one from this batch started PM'ing me their shipping info, That way I can figure out who's going to be getting them from liquitt and who I'm going to have to mail directly to here in the states and elsewhere.

Edit: If you're going to be receiving your adapter from liquitt just specify that in your PM please :D
epoch

Post by epoch » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:16 am

Ashen wrote: Here's the thing. Call it bad communication I suppose. The wife and I have had a holiday scheduled for June to go to the beach since like last year some time. All this time I was under the impression it was for June 25-July 1st. Well it turns out its really June 18th-24th...
Wait! you seriously are trying to tell us you want to finish this instead of spending a weekend with your wife at the beach?!? are you nuts?! go to the beach! thank your wife for us, as she is giving up precious time with you for us all!

Either way, work at your own pace. we'll be here when you're done!

Thank you for all your hard work!
Hucklebuck

Post by Hucklebuck » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:33 pm

We'll get them when your done, no big deal. Thanks for your time on a great project.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:18 pm

epoch wrote:
Ashen wrote: Here's the thing. Call it bad communication I suppose. The wife and I have had a holiday scheduled for June to go to the beach since like last year some time. All this time I was under the impression it was for June 25-July 1st. Well it turns out its really June 18th-24th...
Wait! you seriously are trying to tell us you want to finish this instead of spending a weekend with your wife at the beach?!? are you nuts?! go to the beach! thank your wife for us, as she is giving up precious time with you for us all!

Either way, work at your own pace. we'll be here when you're done!

Thank you for all your hard work!
Haha, no. no. you misunderstood. I'm leaving next Saturday for my vacation. So that gives me all this week still, It will however be a busy week for me. So I may or may not have everything done. I'm not totally insane, I will be enjoying my vacation thoroughly. :D I'll keep you guys updated.
epoch

Post by epoch » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Ashen wrote: Haha, no. no. you misunderstood. I'm leaving next Saturday for my vacation. So that gives me all this week still, It will however be a busy week for me. So I may or may not have everything done. I'm not totally insane, I will be enjoying my vacation thoroughly. :D I'll keep you guys updated.
i'm glad... enjoy yourself, we'll just sit tight until you're done... :)

Thanks!
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Just got done testing all the adapters. Out of 22 of them only 2 are not working properly. So I'll need to rework those 2 and they'll be 100% complete sans eject button. Just looked at my e-bay bid and the seller from china did provide a tracking number. Tracked the package and it says it was delivered almost 2 weeks ago.... Needless to say I never received them. Trying to get that situation rectified now... blah.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 am

O.K. So, Besides the eject buttons being MIA. All 22 adapters are 100% complete and tested with the Wiikey Fusion. I'm going to do another round of testing once I get my WODE hooked up just to be safe. I need to call the post office tomorrow and see what the hell happened to my switches in transit and find out where they are. After I get them I can start shipping them out to everyone. Sadly unless they get here by some miracle by tomorrow I doubt I'll get any out the door this week. If they are still MIA when I get back from vacation I will just go to my local electronics supply store and get what I need.

I still need to work up the secondary adapters that I'll pack along for powering the WODE. Should be all done sometime tomorrow.

I'll post some teaser pics later. Just trying to keep you guys updated. :D

Edit: Also I've only gotten PM's from a handful of people with shipping info. If you're on the list to receive an adapter please get me your info so I can organize where all of these are going. Once I'm ready to ship I'll start PM'ing my paypal info to everyone.
justNer

Post by justNer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:47 pm

You still have any adapters for sale?.. or they all gone by now?
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Current batch is all sold out as I don't have any of the male DVD connectors left to use. I can add you to the waiting list though if you like. I'll be making up more once I get some DVD connectors.
justNer

Post by justNer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:59 pm

If you could put me on the waiting list, that'd be ace.
cheers.
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:46 pm

am I on the list?
streetuff

Post by streetuff » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:44 pm

yamaharacer wrote:am I on the list?
yes. the list is on page 5.

regards
streetuff
yamaharacer

Post by yamaharacer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:07 am

ah thanks I just read the last page cause of news.
BoFoSho

Post by BoFoSho » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 pm

I can donate an adapter.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:24 am

That reminds me You can go ahead and remove my name from the list. I have no need for this as I've purchased that white cube you built. Cheers! Oh btw I have two dead wii drives. Do you think they could offer you anything worthwhile?
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Back from vacation! My mail should resume its normality today so if the eject switches are STILL not here I will have to go to radio shack and get some so I can get these out to people. I will start PM'ing people with my paypal info as soon as I have them. As soon as you're paid, I'll get these out the door to you! :D

Working on getting WODE diagrams made also.
gtmtnbiker

Post by gtmtnbiker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Hope you enjoyed your vacation. There's no rush on getting me mine so I'm happy to wait until your switches arrive.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Vacation was great! Lots of alcohol and card playing were involved. Not to mention time at the beach. Was a nice break from the norm. :D

Between the 3 local Radio Shack's I have just enough switches to finish this project. I'll get them wired up and 2nd tested tonight and start PM'ing people my paypal tomorrow. If you're in a real hurry PM me tonight and I'll try to get it out to you tomorrow as long as you've paid.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Adapters are all done, tested twice, packaged up and ready to ship. What does your $30 buy you you ask? Here you go:

The adapter in the middle is obviously the main GC adapter. This is all you will need if you are using the Wiikey. Plug it in and go.

The wires to the left are for connecting 3.3v and Ground to the main WODE Modchip, the blue and red wire on the right are for splicing to the USB adapter to provide the WODE slaveboard with 5v and ground. I will explain this more once I post my "WODE guide".

I will be providing a 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee on all adapters. If you're not happy for w/e reason the only cost to you will be shipping the adapter back to me and I will refund your money. This being said, I will not honor this if damage has been done to the adapter by the end user. If you receive the adapter and decide to cut it into little pieces or light it on fire, I'm sorry but you're out of luck. That's no fault of mine.

I'll start PM'ing people shortly. Shipping will be via United States Postal Service Priority Mail. Shipping within the US will be $5 and shipping to outside the US will be $14. This being the case if you are in germany/europe/surrounding area's it will probably be best to specify you want me to ship your adapter to Liquitt and have him distribute them. It will most likely save you a good chunk of $ on postage. If your adapter will be distributed through Liquitt just paypal me the $30 for the adapter and postage can be handled by Liquitt once he receives them.

Please note that my paypal has changed if you dealt with me previously. Please don't try to send money to the old one.
Attachments
DSCN0786.jpg
(61.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DSCN0784.jpg
(58.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

from what they look like to me i can ship them for under 4 euro in europe and about 2,30 in germany. euros, that is.
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm