Q: Pluto Ii GC-Video + AV output

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
zroberts

Q: Pluto Ii GC-Video + AV output

Post by zroberts » Mon May 01, 2023 11:11 am

Good morning;

I attempted to Google but just found vague responses of "should" (that sort of thing, didn't see a definite response from someone).

I installed the Pluto II GCVideo HDMI kit last evening using helders flex ribbon,. The HDMI is working beautifully, but now I can't get anything to display through the av out. Wondering if that is normal, or if there is a setting somewhere in the gcvideo that I'm missing, or if I just screwed up on the av port when desoldering the digital port.

Hoping someone can confirm if av out should still be functioning from first hand experience.

Thanks!
Papy.G

Re: Q: Pluto Ii GC-Video + AV output

Post by Papy.G » Mon May 01, 2023 5:30 pm

It's just that the analog AV out is disabled when video format is not compatible (typical when outputting 480p).

IPL is not supposed to boot in progressive mode, for the games, you may have to disable progressive mode from the prompt, or adjust SWISS settings.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon May 01, 2023 5:54 pm

It's not really disabled, it's just outputting garbage as the video encoder can't latch onto the bus properly.
zroberts

Post by zroberts » Tue May 02, 2023 9:30 pm

Guess it just wasn't happy when in the swiss menu, as soon as game loaded up the AV port stater working properly, thanks for the assistance!